Digital Delivery: After finalizing your order for this downloadable product you’ll receive an activation key via email. This email will include a product link and directions for downloading. Non-Returnable Item. Download Emailed Globally.
Crystallizer Granular Echo Synthesizer - Pitch shifting granular reverse echo. A mind-warping sound design trip
Crystallizer is an otherworldly creative effect that transforms instruments using a combination of pitch shifting and reversed echo. Based on the Eventide H3000’s innovative “Reverse Shift” algorithm, Crystallizer brings granular echo slicing, old-school pitch shifting and powerful new features together into one inspiring tool.
If you listened to the radio in the late 80s, you’ve heard the Crystal Echoes effect from the Eventide H3000 effects processor. The sound is absolutely unmistakable, and has been used on countless records to transform simple chords into epic soundscapes. Once musicians and engineers got their hands on this unique technique, and realized how it instantly turned minimal guitar lines into shimmering symphonic textures, there was no going back. You can hear it on hundreds of records—from 80s anthems, to ambient compositions, to modern indie rock and chillwave. And now you can have it, too.
- Recreate the classic crystalline sounds of the Eventide H3000
- Turn simple melodies and chords into shimmering, textured soundscapes
- Create rich, evolving effects with reverse echos and pitch shifting
- Lock the the effect to your project’s tempo and even add custom automation
- Transform guitar, bass, drums or loops into something completely new
- An amazing tool for creative sound designers
“Crystallizer’s unique sound is magical. No other effects device sounds anything like it. It can turn a guitar (or any instrument) into a symphony or a room full of whispering voices. It will open your mind to whole new world of creative possibilities.” – Charles Dye, Grammy-winning engineer, mixer and producer (Lauryn Hill, Jon Bon Jovi, Shakira, Sammy Hagar, Julio Iglesias, Ricky Martin)
"We first found out about Soundtoys when we were mixing our record ODD BLOOD. Since then we’ve been hooked on them. The Crystallizer and EchoBoy are in constant use, I’m literally obsessed!” – Chris Keating, Yeasayer
Supported sample rates:
- Current version: 5.0.1
- Plug-in formats (both 32 and 64-bit):
- AAX Native, AAX AudioSuite, VST, and Audio Units (AU)
- Minimum: 44.1 kHz, Maximum: 192 kHz
Supported host applications:
- Operating system: Mac OS X 10.8 or later, Windows 7 or later
- An internet connection is required at the time of activation.
Pro Tools, Live, Cubase, Nuendo, Sonar, Logic, Digital Performer