The most powerful mixer in its class.
The StudioLive® 16 digital console/recorder is by far the most powerful mixer in its class. This third-generation StudioLive mixer is fully recallable, with 17 touch-sensitive, motorized faders and 17 recallable XMAX preamps. Yet despite its extensive features, the StudioLive 16 actually improves upon PreSonus®' legendary ease of use while letting you customize its workflow and operations. The StudioLive sound is better than ever, including all-new Fat Channel processing, re-engineered from the ground up, and vintage-style EQs and compressors. Add built-in AVB networking, onboard multitrack Capture™ recording to SD Card, and a complete suite of software, and you have a mixing and recording powerhouse that's equally formidable in live and studio applications.
Integrated multitrack recording and virtual soundcheck — no computer required.
PreSonus Capture™ recording software is an intuitive, rock-solid multitrack recording application with virtual soundcheck. It’s installed directly into the StudioLive 16 so you can leave your laptop at home. Capture’s one-touch recording makes it easy to record to the StudioLive 16’s onboard SD multitrack recorder. When you're finished recording, open your Capture session in Studio One® for Mac® and Windows® (included), and the entire mix scene will transfer to your Studio One session, including fader levels, Fat Channel settings, and, yes, any drum solos that you may have had to endure that night.
A re-envisioned Fat Channel.
The StudioLive 16’s Fat Channel has received a major overhaul while continuing to offer digital precision with the heart and soul of analog. Our new Fat Channel implements a plug-in-style workflow that features vintage-style EQ and compression options on every channel, from classic tube limiters to passive EQs. And in addition to channel processing, the StudioLive 16 offers 6-band, fully parametric EQ on all mix outputs. Enjoy extensive, studio-style processing when recording on location or running shows on the road!
Define your own layouts, views, and workflows.
StudioLive 16 goes above and beyond in providing ways to customize things to best fit the way you work. Now you can customize your Fat Channel layout, putting the parameters you care about most right at your fingertips. There are even several workflow options to personalize your mixing experience. For instance, you can control the mixer with a multiple iPads and—optionally—a computer, each running UC Surface with a different view, enabling you to see and touch all of the controls you need at a given time.
Customize scenes and presets in new and powerful ways—including your way.
With StudioLive 16, we’ve upped the ante and given you more flexibility when working with scenes and presets. Mixer scenes now include Scene Safe. Similarly, we’ve expanded the concept of Fat Channel presets so that presets have, for practical purposes, become like scenes for individual channels, not only saving input and Fat Channel settings but also aux send and bus assignments. Of course you can also use preset filters to choose what you want to recall.
Create buses and groups to suit your workflow with new FlexMixes.
Don’t you hate it when you’re setting up for a show and find you have an unused subgroup—but you’re short one monitor mix? That’s not a problem anymore, thanks to 16 FlexMixes that can be individually designated as aux, subgroup, or matrix mixes. You get a total of 10 FlexMixes on analog outputs, six on XLR connectors, and four on ¼-inch TRS; the other six are routed over USB or AVB. These 16 FlexMixes are in addition to the 4 fixed subgroups that also are available via USB or AVB, giving you a total of 20 mix buses, not counting the main mix, solo, and FX buses. We also provided 24 DCAs so you can more easily and flexibly control groups of channels. These are only a few of the many ways you can customize your StudioLive 16 mixer exactly to your needs and workflow.
World-class recording software included.
Seamlessly integrated with the included PreSonus Studio One® Artist DAW, the StudioLive 16 Series III mixer works with virtually all Mac and Windows audio-recording software. Built by creative people for creative music production, Studio One is easy to learn and enables you to compose, record, and produce your masterpiece without getting distracted by the tools. Studio One also enjoys a robust online community of enthusiastic and helpful users you can turn to for advice. Need a new loop or sample for your latest production? Studio One lets you shop, audition, and purchase new content right from your production environment.
Integrated, multiplatform software for flexible control and one-click recording.
PreSonus StudioLive 16 mixers are tightly integrated with an entire suite of state-of-the-art software. Mix wirelessly or over a wired network from anywhere, using UC Surface touch-control software for Mac, Windows, and iPad®. Control your monitor (aux) mixes with QMix-UC. Remote control the mixer’s recallable XMAX preamps and Fat Channel processing with Studio One for low-latency recording with effects. (Reverb-drowned singers: rejoice!) Completely automate virtual soundchecks and record shows with Capture. Save mixer scenes with your live recordings in Capture and edit both in Studio One Artist. StudioLive 16 mixers and software work together to form a cohesive ecosystem that helps you achieve your creative vision.
Network-ready, with a choice of computer recording methods.
Networking isn’t the future of professional audio systems; it’s here now. StudioLive 16 mixers come equipped with an AVB Ethernet connection that enables you to network multiple StudioLive 16 mixers and compatible computers and stream up to 55 channels of audio to and from a Mac or Windows PC. You also get 38x38 recording via USB 2.0, giving you a choice of computer recording methods. Each channel can independently access its analog input or its dedicated digital return from your computer. And recording is simple and easy: Just launch the included, preconfigured Capture software for one-click recording of all channel inputs and your main mix. Or record with the included Studio One Artist DAW—or with any recording software that supports ASIO or Core Audio.
Remote mix control available on a plethora of both wired and wireless devices.
In addition to the AVB recording connection, StudioLive 16 consoles sport a 1 Gb Ethernet port that can connect to a wireless router or directly to a computer, providing remote control of virtually all features. Mix wirelessly or over a wired network from anywhere using UC Surface for Mac®, Windows®, and iPad®. Even add a second—or third, or even fourth!—screen for fast workflow. Musicians can control their monitor mixes onstage with QMix® UC for iPhone®, iPod® touch, or Android™ device without the need for large monitor networks. Go wireless, wired, or both.
Extensive connections for flexible signal flow.
The back panel of a StudioLive 16 console sports all of the connections you need for live sound and studio production. With flexible connectivity, superior audio quality, the ability to customize for your workflow, and powerful processing, mixing, and routing capabilities, you’ll create your mixes in whatever manner works best for you. We just provide the tools.
Connect a StudioLive 16 mixer, and you’ll instantly hear details and an open high end you’d expect to find only in an expensive studio console. We built our reputation designing great-sounding analog circuits, including our famous XMAX solid-state, Class A preamps, and we put all of that experience into designing the StudioLive 16. We didn’t cut corners on components, and we just say “No!” to noisy, crosstalk-y ribbon cables. As a result, the StudioLive 16 delivers the high-end audio quality you need to preserve your hard-earned reputation for producing great-sounding mixes and recordings.
What makes the StudioLive 16 console’s sound quality so good?
Now includes Studio Magic Plug-in Suite.
This suite of plug-ins adds a wealth of fresh sounds and effects to Studio One. Cherry-picked from the first names in virtual instruments and effects, each plug-in brings a different flavor of practical magic to your songs. These plug-ins aren't gimmicky one-trick ponies — these are real-deal workhorses that you'll rely on for countless mixes.
- 17 touch-sensitive, motorized faders with 1-to-1 workflow
- RGB Select buttons with user-assignable colors
- Transport control
- All-new Fat Channel controls including
- 8 scribble strips, encoders, and multicolor buttons
- Customizable user layer
- 7-inch color touchscreen
- DAW control (Studio One, MCU, and HUI) coming soon
Inputs and Outputs
- 24 total inputs
- 16 channel inputs: 8 mic, 8 mic / line
- 1 XLR Talkback mic input with recallable XMAX Class A preamp
- 2 stereo Aux inputs
- 10 FlexMix outputs: 6 XLR, 4 balanced TRS
- Unbalanced stereo (RCA) tape input and output
- Bluetooth ™ 4.1 wireless tape input
- Stereo AES / EBU digital output
- 2 XLR (L / R) Main outputs
- XLR Main summed mono output
- 2 TRS monitor outputs
- Stereo headphone output
Channels and Buses
- 32 input channels
- 16 with recallable XMAX Class A mic preamps
- 16 via USB and AVB
- 2 stereo aux inputs
- 26 buses:
- 16 FlexMixes (can be designated as aux, subgroup, or matrix mixes)
- 4 dedicated subgroups
- 4 internal effects sends
- Stereo main bus
- 24 Filters DCAs for easy and flexible control groups of channels
- 1 Ethernet control network port
- Dynamic, Self-Assigned, and Manual IP address modes
- 1 Locking XLR Ethernet AVB audio network port
- Complete ecosystem of AVB solutions, including stageboxes and personal monitor mixers, will be available in 2017
- Onboard 34x34 SD recorder (using Capture ™)
- 38x38 USB recording interface
- 55x55 AVB recording interface
- Intuitive Fat Channel signal processing on each channel with:
- A / B settings comparison
- High pass filter and polarity reverse
- Gate / expander with sidechain
- Compressor with sidechain
- 4-band parametric EQ on inputs
- 6-band parametric EQ on outputs
- Delay on every input
- Delay on every output
- Professionally programmed library of presets
- Vintage EQ and compressor models available on every input
- Passive EQ
- Vintage EQ
- Tube compressor
- FET compressor
- 8 31-band graphic EQs
- 4 internal effects buses: a combination of reverbs and delays with modern and vintage options
- Built-in real-time analyzer
Metering / Displays
- 7-inch color touchscreen
- Input meter on every channel
- Full-size Fat Channel metering
- Input meter
- Gate gain reduction meter
- Compressor gain reduction meter
- Full-size stereo Main output meters
Scenes and Presets
- Create, save, and edit up to 100 scenes
- Scene management with:
- Scene Safe—prevents a scene change from affecting designated “safe” channels
- Create, save, and edit channel settings and copy/paste between channels
- Advanced channel preset options can save and recall:
- Channel type and name
- Input settings (preamp, +48V phantom power, polarity, pan)
- Fat Channel A & B settings
- Bus assignments
- Aux and effects send levels and pan
- Select button color
- 8 Quick Scenes
- Studio-quality converters with 115 dB dynamic range
- 48 kHz operation with 24-bit resolution (44.1 kHz option coming soon)
Actively Integrated Software
- UC Surface touch control software for Mac®, Windows®, and iPad®
- Studio One® Artist digital audio workstation software for Mac and Windows
- Capture ™ multitrack recording software for Mac and Windows
- Qmix ® -UC aux-control software for iOS ® and Android ™ available free from Apple's App Store, Google Play, and Amazon Appstore
Computer system requirements:
Below are the minimum computer system requirements for UC Surface, QMix-UC, and Studio One®.
- Mac® OS X 10.8.5 64-bit or later
- Intel® Core ™ 2 Duo processor (Intel® Core i3 or faster recommended)
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended)
- Windows® 7 x64 / x86 SP1 + platform update, Windows 8.1 x64 / x86, Windows 10 x64 / x86
- Intel Core 2 Duo (Core i3 or faster recommended)
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended)
Mac and Windows Systems
- USB 2.0 port
- Internet connection
- Internal or external 7200 RPM storage drive
- 30 GB hard disk space
- Monitor with 1366x768 resolution
- iOS 9.3 or later
- iPad 2, iPad 2, iPad 2, iPad 2, iPad 2, iPad 2, iPad 2, iPad 2, iPad 2, iPad 2, iPad 2, iPad 2,
- Android ™ 5.0 (Lollipop) or later
- Android smartphone (QMix-UC)
- Android tablet (8-inch) with 1024x768 resolution (UC surface)
PreSonus StudioLive 16 Series III 16-Channel Digital Mixer with touch-sensitive moving Faders
- Brand: Presonus
- Product Code: PreSonus StudioLive 16 Series III
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: $1,999.95