What is Dorico
Dorico redefines the gold standard in scoring software. Built from the ground up with today’s multi-core 64-bit CPUs in mind, Dorico will take advantage of all of your system’s horsepower while the intuitive workflows help you focus on each aspect of score preparation. The beauty and balance of Dorico's output is unrivaled, with hundreds of options to control every aspect of your music's appearance. And with Steinberg's award-winning audio engine at its heart, Dorico allows you to use your VST instruments and effects to produce great-sounding playback too.
Dorico is designed to provide comfortable and efficient workflows, whether you're working on the move with your laptop or in your studio with multiple displays.
Dorico has a simple, uncluttered interface that is intended to disappear and allow you to focus on the music. Designed to be comfortable and efficient on a laptop computer with a single display, but expanding effortlessly into the studio with multiple large displays, Dorico’s single-window design puts all of the application’s power within easy reach.
Powerful project management
Dorico handles multi-movement works such as sonatas, symphonies, songbooks, musicals and operas so easily and simply, you’ll wonder how you ever managed without it until now. Each project file can contain as many independent pieces of music as necessary, called flows.
Efficient window management
Open as many windows onto the same project as you like: keep one in Write mode to allow continued input and editing, and another in Play mode to allow easy tweaking of playback, or switch back and forth within the same window with a single click. Switch between tabs for the conductor’s score and instrumental parts, or split the window horizontally or vertically to allow you to work on both at the same time. Dorico provides the environment to allow you to do your best work, and then gets out of your way.
Notation and layout
Produce beautifully balanced pages that look as good as the finest traditional music engraving faster and with less effort than ever before.
Effortless score and part preparation
Naturally, Dorico allows you to originate both the conductor’s score and parts for individual players from the flows of music in your project as individual layouts. Changes made to the music in one layout are automatically reflected in any others in which that music appears, while allowing complete independence in terms of page and system appearance between every layout.
Flexible input and editing
Inputting music in Dorico is fast and easy. Use your keyboard or mouse to input notes, and learn easy to remember key commands, or define your own, allowing you to fly through note input faster than ever before. Dorico has the flexibility to notate every note according to the changing musical context using its sophisticated understanding of the rules of meter, ensuring that the rhythm is always clearly communicated, even as notes are lengthened, shortened, inserted or removed.
Developed in consultation with experienced engravers working with some of the world’s most demanding music publishers, the automatic engraving engine at the heart of Dorico produces the most elegant, beautiful results of any scoring application. Attention has been lavished on every detail of the appearance of the music, from the meticulous design of every symbol in the Bravura font, to the precise placement rules for every notated element.
Powerful page layout
Dorico makes it easy to produce a consistent and attractive layout for every project, thanks to its unique page layout features. Switch to Engrave mode, and its power is instantly revealed to you: frames for music, text and graphics can be laid out in any arrangement for any kind of project.
Dorico’s unique approach to rhythmic spacing allows music to be spaced more tightly than other scoring programs, without sacrificing clarity and legibility. Items are automatically tucked or kerned against each other to avoid the rhythmic distortion that disturbs the flow of the music. Dorico produces spacing of beautiful consistency and balance every time.
- Mac OS X
- Mac OS X 10.11
- 64-bit Windows 10
- Intel or AMD dual core CPU
- 8 GB RAM recommended (4 GB minimum)
- 12 GB free storage space
- DVD-ROM drive for software installation using included optical media. Not needed if download version was purchased.
- OS-compatible audio hardware
- Internet connection required for activation, account setup and personal product registration. Additional downloads may be required for installation.
- Next-generation scoring software, designed by musicians for musicians
- Beautiful engraved output with unrivalled attention to detail
- Flexible note input and powerful editing, including ability to insert and change duration of existing notes
- Streamlined, single window interface puts every tool at your fingertips
- Powerful score management features to handle multiple independent pieces of music within the same project
- Unlimited number of staves and movements, sections, or pieces within the same project
- Easily create layouts for full scores, conductor scores, and instrumental parts with independent page size, staff size, and system layout
- Use your computer keyboard or MIDI keyboard to input music quickly and efficiently
- Superior note spacing with optical kerning of adjacent elements, with tighter default spacing and no rhythmic distortion
- Import and export in MusicXML, MIDI, and graphics formats
- Award-winning 32-bit floating-point Steinberg audio engine with up to 192 kHz and flexible routing for virtual instrument and effect playback
- Compatible with VST 3 virtual instruments and effects processors
- Outstanding virtual instruments with more than 1500 sounds, including HALion Sonic SE workstation and complete HALion Symphonic Orchestra library
- Suite of high-end VST effect processors, including channel strip modules (compressor, EQ, limiter) and convolution reverb
Steinberg Dorico CG
- Brand: Steinberg
- Product Code: Steinberg Dorico CG
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: $299.99
Tags: Steinberg Dorico CG