Four Channels of Tone-Blending “Twin-Finity” Preamps and 1176-Style Compression with Built-In A/D Converters
The Universal Audio 4-710d is a boutique quality, four-channel microphone/line pre-amplifier with unique tube and solid-state tone blending capabilities - perfect for a wide range of microphone and instrument sources.
This versatile multi-channel preamp offers selectable 1176-style compression circuitry on each channel, plus four additional line inputs feeding eight channels of pristine analog-to-digital conversion. Building upon UA’s classic analog design approach, combined with smart modern features, the 4-710d is the most flexible preamp in the UA lineup.
At the core of the 4-710d are four channels of tone-blending “Twin-Finity” mic preamps with true-bypass 1176-style compression, including specially tuned "fast" and "slow" settings.
- Each of the four mic preamp channels allows for continuously variable phase-aligned tone, between a 100% tube and 100% solid-state signal path.
- Send and return jacks are available for external processing or signal access.
- The eight analog inputs are digitized via ultra high-quality 24-bit A/D converters at selectable sample rates up to 192 kHz.
- Digital output is available via dual ADAT “lightpipe” or AES/EBU DB-25 connectors, facilitating integration with most popular audio interfaces.
Eight channels of high quality 24-bit A/D conversion:
- Four TEC Award-winning 710 Twin-Finity™ microphone/line preamps, each featuring:
- Dual-path 285-volt Class-A tube and transimpedance solid-state preamps
- Phase-aligned tone-blending of tube and solid state circuits, creamy to crunchy
- Newly designed 1176-style compression circuit per preamp channel
- JFET Direct Input with 2.2MΩ ultra Hi-Z impedance w/auto input override
- Large backlit VU meters for flexible metering of input drive, gain level, and gain reduction
- Balanced send/return inserts (half-normalled)
- 48V phantom power
- 75 Hz low cut filter
- Polarity switch
- Monolithic balanced output stage
- Analog-to-Digital Conversion
- Selectable sample rates up to 192 kHz
- Digital output via dual ADAT optical and AES/EBU DB-25 connectors
- 8-channel soft limiter (switchable for all channels)
- Ultra-low jitter clock subsystem
- LED metering array with clip/hold indicators
- 75Ω BNC work clock I/O
- Digital outputs anti-pop protection on power-up
- Universal voltage internal power supply
- Heavy-duty metal construction, two-space rack unit
- One year warranty including parts and labor
Universal Audio 4-710d Four-Channel Tone-Blending Mic Preamps (DEMO)
- Brand: Universal Audio
- Product Code: Universal Audio 4-710d Four-Chnl Tone-Blending Mic Pres (DEMO)
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: $1,759.12