Thank you for checking out our Weekly blog.
In this blog I will be discussing Universal Audio’s Neve 1073 Channel Amplifier Unison UAD Plug-in
Here's an illustration of what the plug‑in looks like.
Design of the original Neve 1073
Often referred to in conversations as "the British sound" or “British iron” the legendary AMS NEVE 1073 module – preamp originated from the legendary 1073 British console. It has been around ever since and has never lost its place in the recording industry. It is still handcrafted and completely hand wired by the professionals at the Burnley, England plant. And remarkably enough its the exact version of the original module found in the Neve 1073 Console.
- classic A design (passing transformer microphone preamp amp)
- Exclusive Neve marinara transformers used on stages input and output stages
- hand built in and wired to original 1970s design
- microphone input: +80db to +20db in five TV steps
- Output: Maximum output is >+26dBu into 600Ω.
- Output is transformer balanced and earth free
- Distortion: Not more than 0.07% from 50Hz to 10kHz at +20dBu output
- (80kHz bandwidth) into 600Ω.
- Frequency Response: ±0.5dB 20Hz to 20kHz, -3dB at 40kHz. EQ Out.
“The big, punchy sound of the 1073 complements any musical genre – from rock to pop, hip-hop to rap, thrash to classical.”
Universal Audio does it again
As you may well expect, Universal Audio does it once again, and goes all out in creating this legendary module! As with all their UAD plug-ins, they want ahead and designed the most revert Preamp and EQ circuit. This has giving today's recording enthusiasts and professionals the possibilities of tracking through an authentic sound which emulates a classic and legendary audio unit! The incredible need 1073.
NOW YOU CAN:
- Get the world’s only authentic and licensed plug-in emulation of the classic Neve 1073 Channel Amplifier
- Color and EQ your mix with Neve tone, including all 10 distinct clipping points from the vintage 1970’s era hardware
- Record "through" the 1073 preamp in real time using Apollo Twin, DUO, or QUAD interfaces
- Control Apollo interface mic preamp gain staging and impedance directly from the 1073 plug-in with Unison™ technology
- Mix with artist presets from Ed Cherney, Joe Chiccarelli, Jaquire King, Ryan Hewitt, David Isaac, Ryan West, and more
- Get the flagship Neve 1073 Preamp & EQ plug-in, plus the Legacy 1073 EQ and 1073SE (“DSP-Lite”) EQ plug‑ins”
“The authentic Neve preamp sound – captured as a plug-in featuring Unison™ technology."
Courtesy of Universal Audio
Unison Technology for Apollo
This technology allows for such plug-ins to be used in Universal Audio's Apollo interface. It is unique and exclusive to Universal Audio. You now have access to the 1073 preamp’s impedance giving you access to all the gain staging “sweet spots”that the original 1073 preamp offers. The secret is unisons bi-directional control and communication between the 1073 plug-in and the digitally controlled mic preamps in the Apollo.
The most amazing comparison that I have seen in reference to this plug-in versus the hardware shoot out, was the comparison that producer/engineer Jacquire King did on recording Tom waits and his band. He basically split every input source and fed both, the hardware equipment, and also fed the similar plug-ins capturing all the whole Recording session. Captured sound question basically similar, I would say identical!
Be sure to check out the YouTube video. link below
I personally owned one of these physical units in the past, and will say that my experience was nothing less than amazing!
I feel so fortunate to now be able to use this UAD plug-in its place. I simply insert it in my UAD console as an insert in the channel that I'm recording from UAD and print sound with my source! That's it! That easy
Feel free to email us with your questions and we will be more than happy to try and answer them. And please do not forget to subscribe to our blog so that you can receive updates and reviews, you will also receive discount coupons for our (scitscat)internet store. https://www.scitscat.com
Links of interest
Email us :firstname.lastname@example.org