“The ultimate “glue” for your mix bus,re-modeled with stunning accuracy.”
Thank you for checking out our Weekly blog.
In this blog I will be discussing UAD’s SSL 4000 G Bus Compressor plug-in.
A little history
To enable the bus compressor on an SL 4000 G console in order to fatten up your mix and give it that so-called “GLUE” is no mystery! Music that was recorded in the 80s/90s was more than likely mixed on an SSL 4000 G. this board was the industry standard and continued been for quite a while. It was later on replaced by the 9000 series. Before thousand series though how did songs sound had its own sound, and engineers grew to love that sound. Even though the 9000 was a cleaner and more transparent mixer, engineers would often go back to the 4000 series just to get that classic sound.
- Painstakingly modeled by Universal Audio's plug-in design team, licensed and authenticated by Solid State Logic
- Beloved 4000 G era compressor design, measured from the all-discrete hardware
- Specially tailored dynamic characteristics ideal for compressing full mix or subgroups
- Provides the entire circuit path and control set of the stereo dual-VCA compressor
- Signature 4000 G features include fixed range Attack and Release including program-dependent "Auto" release, and Auto Fade
- Plug-in exclusive features include SC Filter, Dry/Wet parallel processing and Headroom for user-customizable operating level
- Includes low-DSP Legacy SSL G Bus Compressor plug-in
- Includes presets from Just Blaze (Beyoncé, Kendrick Lamar), Peter Mokran (The Flaming Lips, Mary J. Blige), Ian Boxill (Prince, Tupac), and more
NOW YOU CAN:
- Mix with a jaw-dropping update of the iconic SSL G Bus Compressor
- Give power, cohesion, and drive to mixes, buses, or any source
- Harness new features like Side Chain Filtering, Mix, and Headroom controls
- Mix with artist presets from Just Blaze (Beyoncé, Kendrick Lamar), Peter Mokran (The Flaming Lips, Mary J. Blige), Ian Boxill (Prince, Tupac), and more
Universal Audio does it again
Universal Audio on and their engineers once again design a plug-in that simulates the original gear to an incredible likeness!
I along with many, Will strap on a master compressor just to get that great impact and aggressiveness on the mix. All though it is very difficult to not rely completely on the compressor for the gain increase while mixing.
Integral to the hit-making SSL sound, the G Bus Compressor is legend for making mixes bigger, more powerful, and punchy, all the while enhancing cohesion and clarity. Fully endorsed by Solid State Logic, Universal Audio proudly unveils the SSL 4000 G Bus Compressor Collection for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo interfaces — an expert end-to-end circuit emulation that goes further than UA’s original standard-defining SSL G Bus Compressor plug-in.
Links of interest
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org