“The world’s most accurate emulations of API’s legendary EQs”
Thank you for checking out our Weekly blog. In this blog I will be discussing UAD’s API® 500 Series EQ Collection Plug-In.
A little history
The API 550A and 560 EQ's were part of the legendary API consoles used ever since the 1960s. This console’s sound and character became an industry standard. A large amount of of musically now hear from that era was more than likely tracked and mixed on these consuls giving us a sound that would become the sword at the Sound for engineers and producers.
- Superior, licensed plug-in emulations of the most enduring API 500 Series EQs
- API 550A discrete, 3-band bell/shelf parametric equalizer
- API 560 discrete, 10-band graphic equalizer
- Models the entire electronic path, including custom API 2520 op-amps and transformers, band interactions, and internal clipped filter distortion
- Licensed and endorsed by Automated Processes, Inc.
- Includes presets from famed engineers and producers, including Vance Powell, Ross Hogarth, Carl Glanville, Jeff Juliano, Eli Janney, and Darrell Thorp
NOW YOU CAN:
- Track and mix with full-circuit emulations of API’s iconic 550A and 560A EQs
- Harness API’s musical filter amp distortions and musical clipping behaviors
- Use API’s proprietary “Proportional Q” for more precise control over your sources
- Mix with artist presets from Ross Hogarth (Van Halen, Mötley Crüe), Darrell Thorp (Beck, Radiohead), and Vance Powell (Jack White, Kings of Leon)
Universal Audio does it again
Yes, Universal Audio has done it again taking the famous 550A and 560 EQ from API, re-creating an incredible sounding EQ that has been around as a standard since the 1960s. This EQ Sound, character, and signature, has been imprinted into music since then. A majority of the music we listen from the 60s to the 90s was possibly tract and mixed on an API console. The color that these consoles gave productions that were mixed on them, has become one of the recording industry standard sounds that producers and engineers have come to love and use for many years. The sound and distortion these units back then, and this plug-in currently, is unmistakably sought after by many.
Universal audio engineers meticulously took time and effort in creating and designing a plug-in that would emulate API’s E 550A and 560 EQ sound and performance. Down to the distortion level, and frequency band response.
You will not be disappointed by this EQ plug in.
So go ahead and download the 14 day unlimited demo from UA audio and see for yourself how amazing this EQ plug-in works and sounds!
“550A Parametric EQ Introduced in 1971, the 550A was the standard channel EQ module on API's first consoles.Its three overlapping bands of parametric EQ, independent 50 Hz to 15 kHz band-pass filter, and individually selectable peaking or shelving modes make it the perfect tool for getting drums and guitars to stand out in the mix.”
Links of interest
Email us: email@example.com