“The ultimate, no compromise, boutique tube amp”
Thank you for checking out our Weekly blog.In this blog I will be discussing UAD’s Suhr PT100 Amplifier Plug-in.
- Exacting emulation of the original Suhr PT100 Tube Guitar Amp, authenticated and endorsed by John Suhr and Pete Thorn
- 3 assignable channels: American style, British style, and high-gain modded British
- 3-Band EQ per-channel
- Crunch, Boost and Bright switches provide instant tonal variations for each channel
- Custom Feedback, Presence, and Depth controls offer unique control over amplifier response and character
- 120 advanced Impulse Responses (IR) to catch all styles and genres from high-gain to creamy-clean sounds
- FX Rack includes host-syncable lo-fi delay, noise gate, tight and smooths filters, and power soak with pre and power amp bypass
- Physical input impedance and hands-on control of Gain staging with Unison™ technology
NOW YOU CAN:
- Use your UA Interface to track through the Suhr PT100 — with no latency
- Audition 120 separate high-end recording chains, featuring multiple cabinets and classic microphones
- Shape tones further with FX Rack’s Vintage Delay, noise gate, high/low filters, and more
- Easily craft dynamic clean, crunch, and hot-rodded British tones with exquisitely-voiced tone controls
Universal Audio does it again
I'm going to try to be as unbiased as possible! But, when it gets down to guitar amp simulators, there are a dime a dozen out there, and very few tickle my fancy. I guess that the whole aspect of simulating an amplifier head can be very difficult due to the fact that the sound of a physical amplifier head is produced by the overtones that the distortion creates while you are playing and they gain structure which is distorted purposely and throughout the electronics of the unit.
With that said, and I am no expert in this, I will say that this unit looks very promising. I have not heard it myself due to it is not installed in my unit yet. It does however look very promising just for the mere fact that all plug-ins and sims that Universal Audio is releasing lately, sound amazing to say the least. UA is going way out of their way to make sure that the plug-in simulators that they are creating sound almost if not identical to the original product. I have to say that up until now I have been very excited, extremely impressed, and very grateful to Universal Audio for their wonderful plug-in simulators. On top of the fact that I can insert them on my mixes and not use up my precious memory within my DAW.
With the ability to create such wonderful amp sounds like the ones we heard back in the day from such artist as Gary Moores, Richie Blackmore, Schenker, Michael Lee Firkins, and the many more, this amp simulator truly is a gem.
According to the Gearsluts website on their Press Desk page, which by the way I trust highly due to their Quality control of posts, users, and long history of amazing reviews by well-known and highly renowned producers in the industry, this plug-in is the result of a five-year collaboration between vaunted amp designer John Suhr and world-renowned guitarist/tone aficionado Pete Thorn (Chris Cornell, Melissa Etheridge)
Links of interest
Email us: email@example.com