“An obsessively accurate emulation of API’s flagship compressor.”
Thank you for checking out our Weekly blog.
In this blog I will be discussing Universal Audio’s API 2500 Bus Compressor Plug-in.
A little history
Known for its ability to shape the punch and tone of mixes with both accuracy and flair, the API 2500 compressor is a winner in its class. So much that it claimed its position in the top 20 compressors of all time in Attack Magazine!
With a suggested retail price of $2395 for the hardware version, it makes it a steal at $249 for the Universal Audio plug-in version.
It's one rack space size, and it's a unique second section called "Tone", are two of the attractive and amazing features that have made it be at home in many mixing and mastering studios.
Universal Audio does it again
Universal audio and there plug-in design engineers have created once again a dead spot on immigration of this class a compressor! Designed only for UAD as an insert for their Apollo hardware and it's insert capabilities, this compressor captures identically the amazing great signal path with the thrust circuitry.
This compressor is capable of generating an amazing punch with it's thrust button on, bringing forward the attack of any mix you insert it on, a feature that no other compressor is capable of. It can also deliver attitude and glue to any Master fader.
- Painstakingly modeled by Universal Audio's plugin design team, licensed and authenticated by Automated Processes, Inc.,
- Beloved Paul Wolff-era API design, exclusively measured from the all-discrete, in-console version of the 2500
- Provides the entire circuit path and control set of the API hardware including custom API op amps and transformers
- Signature API 2500 features include patented Thrust® sidechain filtering, "New" and "Old" Compressor Types, and Variable Sidechain Link
- Plug-in-only features include Dry/Wet parallel processing and Headroom for user-customizable operating level
- Includes artist presets from Vance Powell, Jeff Balding, Ryan Hewitt and Adam Hawkins
NOW YOU CAN:
- Glue together your stereo mixes and subgroups with the world’s finest circuit emulation of the iconic API 2500 compressor
- Select between "Old” and "New” compression, with feedback or feed-forward sounds
- Sharpen your workflow with plug‑in‑only Mix and Headroom controls
- Punch up low frequencies with API's patented Thrust technology
- Contour your mix's stereo interaction with percent-based L/R Link controls
- Mix with artist presets from Jeff Balding (Faith Hill), Vance Powell (Jack White), Ryan Hewitt (Red Hot Chili Peppers), and more
Feel free to email us with your questions and we will be more than happy to try and answer them. And please do not forget to subscribe to our blog so that you can receive updates and reviews, you will also receive discount coupons for our (scitscat)internet store. https://www.scitscat.com
Links of interest
Email us: email@example.com