Developed in close collaboration with pioneering designer Rupert Neve, the flagship sE Electronics RNT is a large-diaphragm, multi-pattern tube condenser microphone, which promises to bring the larger-than-life sounds of classic studio tube microphones into the modern age, capturing vocals and instruments with enhanced depth and sonic clarity.
The RNT microphone features a handcrafted, gold-sputtered, 1" true-condenser, dual-diaphragm capsule, individually tuned in the company's factory to deliver a natural sound. The first active stage includes a hand-selected, low-noise ECC82 tube housed within the microphone chassis and optimized for driving the mic's first custom-made Rupert Neve Designs output transformer. The microphone's all-metal construction provides efficient rejection of electrical interference and noise, and its high-quality finish offers protection against damage from normal use or aging.
The floor box (power supply) houses a second, custom-made Rupert Neve Designs output transformer, built around the same custom op-amps used in Rupert Neve Designs' flagship 5088 recording console, and known for its pristine transparency and large headroom. The box features a nine-position polar pattern switch, which enables you to choose between omnidirectional, cardioid, figure-8, or positions in-between to optimize the pickup of the desired sound source while controlling ambient sound and minimizing unwanted signal bleed.
The Microphone utilizes fully discrete, Class-A electronics throughout both of its active stages. It offers three switchable stages of active gain with 24 dB of extended dynamic range, ideal for recording delicate ambiences or close-miking loud instruments and voices. Two switchable, active low-cut filters at 40 and 80 Hz help reduce unwanted rumble or compensate for proximity effect.
The RNT includes an 8-pin cable to connect the mic to the floor box, a custom shockmount, a wooden microphone box, and a flight case.
Handcrafted, Gold-Sputtered 1" True Condenser Capsule
- sE's flagship capsule with refined electrode design delivers a natural sound
- Handcrafted and individually tuned in the company's factory
Nine Selectable Polar Patterns
- Precisely-tuned dual-diaphragm capsule design with omnidirectional, cardioid, and figure-8 polar patterns, plus three steps between each
- Allows you to choose the perfect setting for every application
- Minimize unwanted signal bleed with ease
Hand-Selected ECC82 Tube & Custom Rupert Neve Designs Audio Transformer
- Each microphone-grade tube is carefully selected and pre-tested in house
- Produce vivid realism and depth in recordings
- Unique tube circuit design optimized for driving the mic's custom-built Rupert Neve Designs first output transformer
Handcrafted Metal Housing with Premium Finish
- All-metal construction built with highest attention to detail
- Efficient rejection of electrical interference and noise
- High-quality finish ensures a great look for many years
Floor Box (Power Supply)
Second Custom-Built Rupert Neve Designs Audio Transformer
- Transformer designed for sweet, musical performance and flawless isolation
- Provides the legendary sonic character of Rupert Neve's transformers
Custom-Made, Discrete Class-A Rupert Neve Designs Amplification
- Delivers the sonic character and performance expected from one of the world's most prized recording equipment
- Utilizes the same operational amplifiers found in Rupert Neve Designs' flagship 5088 console
- Discrete op-amps ensure large headroom, ultra-wide bandwidth, and zero crossover distortion
Active Gain Stage with Three Switchable Levels
- Provides 24 dB of extended dynamic range for a wide range of applications (-12 / 0 / +12 dB)
- Discrete Rupert Neve Designs op-amp cards ensure pristine performance
- Suitable for every type of recording from capturing delicate ambience to close-miking loud instruments and voices
Two Switchable Active Low-Cut Filters
- Switchable 80 and 40 Hz low-cut filters
- Reduce unwanted rumble or foot-fall noise, or compensate for proximity effect