In this guide, we will show you how to register, download, and activate your Steinberg software for the first time.
Register the Download Access Code for your Steinberg software
The first step in the Steinberg activation process is to register the Download Access Code which you received from Scitscat Music. You first will need to create an account with Steinberg, so follow these steps to register your Steinberg download access code.
- Log in or create your Steinberg account here.
- Once logged in, click the Enter Download Access Code button, enter the Download Access Code, and then click Continue.
- Check your email inbox for a message from Steinberg. Included in the message will be your Cubase activation code. Save this email, as you will need the code in order to complete the activation process.
- If you don’t see the message in your inbox, be sure to double-check your Spam or Junk folder, as well.
Activate the Steinberg eLicenser
In order to authorize the Cubase Activation Code you received from Steinberg, you first need to download and install the eLicenser Control Center (eLCC) and also register the Steinberg eLicenser. A Steinberg USB eLicenser is required for most Steinberg products. Some products, however, do not require a Steinberg USB eLicenser and are instead activated directly to your computer’s hard drive (a Steinberg Soft eLicenser).
Download and install Steinberg eLicenser Control Center
- Visit the eLicenser Control Center page, click Current Downloads, and select the installer for your operating system.
- Navigate to your Downloads folder and launch the installer.
- PC: Double-click the .exe file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Mac: Double click the .dmg file, double click the .pkg file, and follow the on-screen instructions
Click the image to download eLicenser Control Center.
Register the Steinberg soft or USB eLicenser
- Launch the Steinberg eLicenser Control Center app.
- Click Registration, select your soft or USB eLicenser, and then select Register at My Steinberg.
- Follow the instructions in the web browser that appears to log in and register the eLicenser to your account.
Enter the Steinberg activation code
- Launch eLicenser Control Center.
- Go to your e-mail inbox and locate the Cubase Activation Code you received from Steinberg.
- Click Enter Activation Code, enter your activation code and then click Continue.
Download Steinberg Download Assistant and your Steinberg product
IMPORTANT: Steinberg Download Assistant shows all Steinberg products; not just the product you purchased so make sure to download the correct software.
Once you’ve completed the activation process, the final step is to download your software. You will need to use Steinberg Download Assistant, which is a hub for all Steinberg products, as well as updates. Follow these steps to complete the process.
- Navigate to the Steinberg Download Assistant page, and select the installer for your OS.
- Go to your Downloads folder, launch the installer, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Launch the Steinberg Download Assistant app.
- Use the dropdown boxes and locate the version of the Steinberg product you purchased, and then click Download.
- Download times will vary depending on your internet connection. Keep the app opened at all times when downloading a product or an update!
- Once the download is complete, go to your Downloads folder once more, and launch the product installer file.
In this example, Cubase Artist was purchased and needs to be selected in Steinberg Download Assistant.