Slate Digital ML-1 Matte Black Microphone + Heritage Audio Baby RAM Passive-Monitoring System
Shop This Great Studio Hardware Package!
What You Receive:
- Slate Digital ML-1 Large Diaphragm Modeling Microphone - Matte Black ($799 Value)
- Heritage Audio Baby RAM Passive-Monitoring System ($249 Value) Ships in August 2020
- XLR-XLR Microphone Cable ($29 Value)
The Slate Digital ML-1 Large Diaphragm Modeling Microphone is arguably the most important part of the Virtual Microphone System, because everything starts here. With a shock-mounted Mylar capsule sputtered in gold and custom-made components, the ML-1 is NOT just any ordinary microphone. It was designed in tandem with the VMS-One preamp to provide an exceedingly flat output for the VMS microphone and preamp software modules to act upon.
The ML-1 is a large-diaphragm condenser designed to have an extremely neutral and uncolored sound, excellent transient response, and wide (but flat) frequency response. VMS alters the ML-1’s output to recreate the sound of numerous vintage microphone and preamp combinations digitally. The ML-1 was designed in order to accurately capture a source, specifically for post-processing by the VMS software.
The Virtual Microphone System
The “VMS” is a hybrid system that utilizes an extremely transparent condenser microphone, a sonically-neutral preamp, and state-of-the-art digital processing suite that recreates the tone of classic microphones and preamps. The Virtual Microphone System collapses the wall standing between audio engineers and expensive world-class audio tools, allowing them access to the virtual microphone locker of their dreams.
- Travel case
- Shock mount
- VMC Classic Tubes 1 & 2
- VPC Virtual Preamp Collection software card
Classic Tubes 1 & 2:
The ML-1 Modeling Microphone includes Classic Tubes 1 and 2 software featuring the following microphone emulations:
- FG-47: This mic will take you back in time. It’s lush, warm, fat, present, and BIG sounding. If you have a wimpy source, it gets fixed with this mic. It doesn’t have that modern sizzly top-end air, but it takes EQ in the top end like a champion. I love adding some Custom Series 10 kHz when using this mic. By pushing the intensity, it gets even darker, moodier, and a bit more saturated. Don’t just use this microphone on vocals. Put it on drums as a room mic. Put it on the outside of a kick. Put it on horns, strings.
- FG-800: The FG-800 is based on a solid performing studio vocal mic. This is a bright and airy microphone. That airy, clear, bright tone works perfectly in a pop mix with no EQ needed. When this mic works, nothing will sound as good. And it actually works a lot, even on modern male rock vocals.
- FG-251: The FG-251 sounds so good on just about everything. It’s the perfect balance of top, middle, and bottom. There is something so flattering about this mic that every singer just sounds better than they do in the actual room. The intensity is really fun with this one. This mic pairs well with both preamps, so try them both using the VMR A->B system.
- FG-12: The FG-12 emulates an Austrian classic known for being incredibly smooth and rich-sounding. Slate chose an absolutely incredible mic to model that is the perfect representation of this famous tone.
- FG-800M: The FG-800M emulates an older Japanese tube mic and is slightly fatter and darker than the stock FG-800. If you love the FG-800 but wish it was a tad less sibilant and bright, you're gonna love this.
- FG-M7:The FG-M7 takes one of the most famous dynamic vocal mics used by artists like Michael Jackson, and adds the tube stage of the classic 47 making it extremely punchy, crisp, with incredible mids that cut through the mix. Definitely gonna be a favorite!
- FG-269: The FG-269 emulates an extremely rare German classic that shares much of the same circuit as the 67, but has a different tube that makes it more open and clear. This is one of the best sounding vocal mics I've ever heard.
- FG67: The FG-67 emulates a German classic known for being bold, slightly dark, and thick. This is amazing as a vocal mic, room mic, horn mic, piano mic, and is probably my favorite on toms.
- FG-73: The FG-73 preamp module is modeled after one of the most famous discrete solid state preamps in the industry, made in Britain and used on countless recordings. It has a bold, present and warm sound that works great on any audio source – even full mixes.
- FG-76: The FG-76 preamp module is modeled after a vintage German tube preamp that has been used on many classic recordings. It has a thick and colorful tone that can make tracks and mixes sound more ‘alive’. The bottom-end saturates in a very unique and musical way, making it a great module for bass guitar and kick drum tracks.
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
- Quad core i5 processor
- 4GB of RAM
- macOS 10.9 or later
- Windows 7 & above
- iLok 2 or 3 required
SUPPORTED PLUG-IN FORMATS:
- Intel Mac 32-bit & 64-bit: VST2, VST3, AU, AAX
- Windows 32-bit & 64-bit: VST2, VST3, AAX
Classic console design meets a passive signal path.
Introducing the Baby RAM: a boutique, passive-circuit monitor controller inspired by
classic European console designs. Baby RAM is the ultimate controller for total
transparency — a zero-compromise signal path, paired with a simplified control set
keeps both your monitors and your ears where you need them.
Baby RAM features a 4 gang, 24 step rotary switch for volume as opposed to cheaper stereo potentiometers, which means the precision of your stereo signal is perfect on every position! Baby RAM also has no insertion loss, meaning that there’s no extra coloration or signal loss at any settings.
Complex design with simplified workflow.
Baby RAM might pack a zero-compromise circuit design, but it couldn’t be any easier to use: 2 stereo -pair inputs and outputs — both balanced and ground free (unbalanced compatible) on gold plated TRS jacks, and Mute, Dim, Mono, and Volume monitoring controls make Baby RAM a breeze to work with. And with it’s passive design, it also means you have no concerns with bad power supplies, as no supply is needed! Baby RAM is built with the most cutting edge methods in manufacturing and design, without ever compromising audio quality or cutting corners — all at the Heritage headquarters in Spain.
- Classic European console design, inspired by the best master-console-sections
- No insertion loss, for the most transparent passive-design that's available
- Perfect stereo imaging, thanks to a 24-step rotary switch for a sub-tenth of a dB
- precision on every single attenuation position
- Fully passive, meaning no power supply is needed
- Two stereo-pair inputs and outputs, all balanced and ground free (unbalanced
- compatible) on gold plated TRS Jacks
- MUTE, DIM and MONO controls