Abyss - a visual synthesizer
Abyss is a visual synthesiser with character and a bit of fairy dust. It brings to you dark, vibrating drones, vivid cinematic pads and rich evolving textures. With Abyss you find instant inspiration for your music and sound design projects.
The innovative synthesis engine of Abyss represents timbres with colour, giving you unprecedented intuitive access to design your own signature sound with ease. And with the powerful modulation system it is easier than ever to make any patch nuanced and expressive, even more so if you use an MPE controller like the ROLI Seaboard.
Whether we describe sounds or colours - we use similar words like warm, cold, dark, soft or energetic. Not by coincidence it is called tone-colour. In Abyss different sounds are represented by different colours - a whole new way to design sounds.
Tone Colour Gradient
Its variation that makes sounds interesting. By placing tone-colours on the gradient you create a palette of timbral variation that becomes the base of your patch.
Whether you mainly used presets or you are a seasoned sound designer - with Abyss you simply follow your intuition to create your own signature sound.
Surf your sound
Navigating through endless lists of weirdly named sounds is not always fun. In Abyss you can simply surf through a panel with more than 2000 tone-colours. Find your sound faster than ever.
Rich and deep sound
The sound engine of Abyss combines the rich and deep textures of natural sounds with the effective flexibility of classical synths. Of course there is a virtual analogue filter, but there are also controls to shape tone colours in unheard ways. Explore fresh sonic possibilities.
Create nuanced instruments
The tone colour approach provides a simple way to create complex sounds. This is paired with a modulation system that is as powerful as it is simple to use. Tweak, mangle, modulate your sound to sonic madness or create sensible, nuanced MPE instruments.
What you see is what you get
Abyss is designed for a fast and visual workflow - what you see is what you get. All in a sleek responsive user interface.
Abyss synth is created by Peter V - mathematician by education, musician by heart.
He believes you can find music in everything and that drawing inspiration from visual art can only benefit composition and sound design.
Peter is a veteran in artificial intelligence and founded his first startup already two decades ago. The recent progress in this field made him believe that there is a vast opportunity in applying machine learning to sound design. After quitting his dayjob it took almost two years of research and dozens of prototypes to develop the innovative sound engine and user interface of Abyss.
He aspires to create a new generation of tools that are inspiring and joyful to use and uncover interesting new sonic possibilities.
Abyss Full Specs
- Unique and inspiring workflow based on sound colours.
- More than 2000 sound colours as building blocks for patches.
- Unique “sound surfing” for selecting sound colours.
- Each sound colour can be modified with spectral processing.
- Noise parameter adds "musical noise” - specifically based on and tuned to the selected sound colour.
- Virtual analog filter with resonance.
- Four sound effects: Shimmer, Delay, Reverb and Phaser.
- Optional brick wall limiter.
- Arbitrary modulation with 13 sources and 23 destinations.
- 2 ADSRs, 3 LFOs.
- LFO supports free drawing of curve.
- Two of the LFOs can be used as step sequencer.
- Unique “stereo” modifier that allows to skew most parameters differently for left and right channel.
- Modulation parameters can be modulated themselves (eg LFO-speed).
- Easy pitch snap function to stay within scale.
- MPE support.
- Scalable, responsive UI.
- More than 130 carefully crafted patches.
- macOS 10.11 or Later
- AU / VST3
- Windows 10
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.