Matthews Effects Cosmonaut v2 Modulation Reverb/Delay Pedal with Expression Jack
The journey begins with two rows of identical controls, allowing you to switch between the top and bottom row with the push of a button.
Always visible and editable on the fly, this works as a preset without any programming or menu diving. You can set each row to be a completely different sound. For example, set a deep modulated reverb on one, a tape delay on the other or create any combination of two distinct sounds and alternate between them instantly.
For each set of controls, there is a slide switch on the side of the pedal that lets you select either Luna 2, a modulated reverb, Sputnik, a unique plate reverb or Vostok 1, a tape emulating delay. Get lost in the void exploring the vast array of sounds from The Cosmonaut V2.
The Cosmonaut V2 has two sets of slide switches on the left side of the pedal that let you choose one of these three algorithms for each row of controls.
- Luna 2 – A dark, haunting modulated reverb that pushes you to journey deeper into the void. Use “Anomaly” to add modulation to this effect, taking your guitar tone to new dimensions and the spaces in between. Excels as a dark, warm reverb with long ambient tails or a tight, modulated room verb.
- Sputnik – The Sputnik lets you warp through space into a reflective plate reverb. Use “Anomaly” to add modulation to this effect. Great for everything from ambient, deep sounds; to short, reflective, light verbs.
- Vostok 1 – A warm tape emulating delay that excels at a variety of vintage, analog-emulating sounds. Dial in a short slap back with “Travel” control set low, for an ambient other-worldly feel, or choose a high “Anomaly” knob setting for a journey into space madness.
- Fuel – Mix of the reverb or delay
- Anomaly – Controls the modulation mix of the reverb or the time of the delay
- Travel – Controls the decay of the reverb or delay
- Alt Switch (secondary foot switch) – What sets the Cosmonaut V2 apart from other pedals is the Alt controls. The three knobs on the “Top” row of the pedal are duplicated on the “Bottom” row giving you two different settings/sounds which you can jump between. You can independently select the algorithms for each row using the slide switches on the side of the pedal. This creates a simple and straightforward way to get two dynamic sounds on the fly.
- Alternate Jack Out – This input allows you to control the Alt and bypass switch remotely using a TRS cable. Tip controls the Alternate Switch and ring controls the Bypass Switch.
- Analog Dry Path Signal – Your instrument’s dry signal path is kept completely analog while mixing in the digital wet signal creating a unique and unparalleled sound.
- Expression Jack – Plug in an expression pedal to dynamically control the “Travel” knob on the 2nd row of controls. This bypasses the physical knob on the 2nd row when the expression pedal is plugged in. TRS cable required.
- Tails or Bypass Mode – The Cosmonaut V2 allows the beautiful haunting layers to continue as you switch the pedal Off, preventing an abrupt cut to your sound. If you desire that hard-cut when bypassing the pedal, simply hold both foot switches for 10 seconds until the bypass led flashes. Do the same to switch it back.
Rick Matthews obsesses over every last detail to make the highest quality and intuitive pedals available. This commitment to detail is on full display with The Cosmonaut V2. From its rugged build, wide range of available sounds, bypass options and alternate settings The Cosmonaut V2 lets you boldly go where no tone has gone before.
- High-grade components selected for their superior sound and response
- Top-mounted jacks make pedal board placement effortless
- Side-mounted slide switches for each row of controls lets you choose between 3 algorithms
- Soft-touch footswitch designed for the abuse of the road
- Includes Matthews Effects limited 5-year warranty
- Built in the U.S.A.
- High grade components selected for their superior sound and response
- Top mounted input and output jacks
- 9V power jack power draw: 100mA
- Allows you to choose between two types of reverb or a delay effect
- External bypass and Alt controls – TRS cable required
- Effortlessly jump between top and bottom rows of controls
- Compatible with most standard expression pedals
- 2.5 x 4.5 x 1.5 inches – height excludes knobs and switch
Welcome to ScitScat Music!
Scitscat's aim is to please and have been doing just that since 1994, over 100,000 Internet and store transactions in that time.
Music is our love and we have GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) just like you. We buy studios, closeouts, and other gear in quantity and pass the savings on to you, our customers and friends.
We are musicians who write, record, produce, and play live just like you! We absolutely love music.
Our gear changes on an hourly basis and so will our website, so check back often as you won’t want to miss out on some unbelievable gear! I guarantee you that you will love doing business with us! You will get the respect that you deserve! You have Our word on that.
Free Items - Please note that pictures of any Free Items on listings are intended as a generic representation of the free item(s) offered. Free items will be sent to you based on our current stock at the time of sale. We will substitute like or similar items when necessary to insure that you still get your free item(s) with your purchase.
Digital Delivery - After finalizing your order for any downloadable product, you’ll receive an activation key via email. This email will include a product link and directions for downloading. Downloads are Non-Returnable Items. Download Emailed Globally.