The T-Komp has a unique design which offers a modern take on the old vari-mu ratio curve. The ratio is level dependent and increases with the signal level, a feature that will give you numerous possibilities.
To make the T-Komp more useful it has two ratio ranges. The first one goes up to 20:1, perfect for instrument tracking and smashing drums etc., the second, 2:1, is a more narrow range which makes it more suitable for bus compression.
The T-Komp can be selected between feed-forward mode for a punchy, modern response or feed-back mode with a smoother, more musical response.
The RMS detector has five settings, four from fast to slow where number four, the slowest, is similar to the old 160VU. The fifth position is a program dependent adaptive mode.
- Ratio which increases with the signal level.
- Two ratio ranges, 1:1 to 20:1 or 1:1 to 2:1.
- Feed-forward or feed-back mode.
- Five RMS settings, fast to slow and an adaptive mode.
- Blend control for parallel compression.
- Make-up gain: 0 to +20dB
- Blend control: from dry to wet
- Medium fast
- Medium slow
- Slow (160VU)
- Program dependent adaptive mode
- FB: selects feed-back mode
- HP filter: 150Hz, -6dB octave
- In: compression in/out
- 2:1: selects a more narrow ratio range
- Gain reduction meter
- Link switch
- 115v or 230v, selectable
- Input impedance: 24kohm
- Output impedance: 50ohm
- Max in/output level: +26dBu
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz +/- 0,1dBSignal to noise ratio @ 0dBu: better than 94dB
- THD: level and compression dependent, mostly even harmonics