Neumann TLM 102 Nickel Studio Set 008656 Condenser Microphone & EA-4 Shock Mount
The TLM 102 defines a new generation of Neumann studio microphones. This applies not only to the design of the microphone but also to the price.
The TLM 102 is available in black or nickel; a stand mount is included.
- TLM 102 microphone
- SG 2 Stand mount swivel
The reduced overall size contributes to an exceptionally compact appearance, which unites all of the typical design components of a Neumann microphone. The harmonious proportions and gleaming grille ring ensure that even at first glance, the TLM 102* attracts attention.
The TLM 102 is impressive in terms of sound: In the interior is a newly developed large-diaphragm capsule (cardioid) with a maximum sound pressure level of 144 dB, which permits the recording of percussion, drums, amps and other very loud sound sources, for example.
Instruments that are not especially loud also benefit from the very fast transient response of the TLM 102. However its most important applications are in the realm of vocals and speech; a slight boost above 6 kHz provides for excellent presence of the voice in the overall mix. Up to 6 kHz the frequency response is extremely linear, ensuring minimal coloration and a clearly defined bass range.
The capsule has an elastic suspension for the suppression of structure-borne noise. A pop screen integrated into the grille serves to suppress plosives in vocal and speech recording.
Due to its price and flexible field of application, the TLM 102 is ideal for the home recording and project studio sector, as well as for the broadcasting area, especially when clear lines of sight to the speakers are a priority.
*The design of the microphone is a registered design of the Georg Neumann GmbH in certain countries.
- Large-diaphragm microphone with cardioid directional characteristic (pressure gradient transducer)
- Compact, characteristic but smaller-scale Neumann design
- Very high maximum sound pressure level
- Slight presence boost above 6 kHz
- Transformerless circuitry
Vocals and speech
In particular, pickup of especially loud instruments: Drums, percussion, wind instruments and amps
Home recording, project and broadcasting studios
These are just some of the most common applications. We recommend additional experimentation to gain maximum use from this microphone.
- Acoustical operating principle Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern Cardioid
- Frequency range 20 Hz ... 20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohm 11 mV/Pa
- Rated impedance 50 ohms
- Rated load impedance 1 kohms
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR1) 21 dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted1) 12 dB-A
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR1) (rel. 94 dB SPL) 73 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted1) (rel. 94 dB SPL) 82 dB
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%2) 144 dB
- Maximum output voltage 13 dBu
- Supply voltage (P48, IEC 61938) 48 V ± 4 V
- Current consumption (P48, IEC 61938) 3.5 mA
- Matching connector XLR3F
- Weight approx. 210 g
- Diameter 52 mm
- Length 116 mm
1) according to IEC 60268-1; CCIR-weighting acccording to CCIR 468-3, quasi peak; A-weighting according to IEC 61672-1, RMS
2) measured as equivalent el. input signal
Free Items - Please note that pictures of any Free Items on listings are intended as a generic representation of the free item(s) offered. Free items will be sent to you based on our current stock at the time of sale. We will substitute like or similar items when necessary to insure that you still get your free item(s) with your purchase.
Digital Delivery - After finalizing your order for any downloadable product, you’ll receive an activation key via email. This email will include a product link and directions for downloading. Downloads are Non-Returnable Items. Download Emailed Globally.
PLEASE NOTE - Different items and manufacturers may have specific system requirements to use the product. BUYER is responsible for checking individual item specifications for compatibility with their system. We suggest you reference the manufacturers’ website(s) for this purpose.