The X1S is a refined version of sE's best-selling X1, tuned for advanced performance. With the highest dynamic range and SPL handling capabilities in its class, along with expanded features that dramatically increase its flexibility, the X1 S has been improved in every way relative to the original, even in terms of its affordability..
Just like its predecessor, the X1 S utilizes a hand-made condenser capsule, meticulously constructed and tuned in sE’s capsule room by technicians with decades of experience. This results in a capsule built like the world’s finest musical instruments, and a capsule truly up to the challenge of recording them.
Where the original X1 was powerful, the redesigned electronics of the X1 S take its performance to a whole new level, giving it the highest dynamic range in its class. Its internal redesign also allows for improved sensitivity, dramatically increased SPL handling (up to 160dB!), and a huge reduction in self-noise.
The -10 dB and -20 dB pad switches provide extended dynamic range, enabling a wide range of applications and close-mic techniques for even the loudest instruments...think super-heavy electric guitars, fortissimo brass instruments, and heavy-footed kick drums.
Selectable at either 80Hz or 160Hz, these two filters help eliminate low-frequency rumble or footfall noise, as well as help compensate for excessive bass (proximity effect) with close-mic techniques.
Unlike the cheaply constructed bodies of some entry-level microphones, the X1 S's all-metal chassis provides efficient rejection of any electrical interference and noise. The high-quality finish ensures a great look for years to come. A gold-plated XLR connector ensures loss-free, reliable signal connection.
- Inexpensive large diaphragm condenser
- Two attenuation and two filter switches
- Gold-plated XLR connector
- High dynamic range and sPL handling
- Low self-noise
Order today and get professional quality vocal results in your home studio.
- Analog or digital: Analog
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Max SPL: 140 dB (up to 160 w/switches)
- Connectivity: XLR
- Capsule: Condenser
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Type: Mounted
- Applications: Studio, stage
- Diaphragm size: 1 in.
- Switches: 2 filter, 2 attenuation
- Phantom power required: Yes
- Case: Storage/shipping case
- Clip: Yes
- Shockmount: No
- Power supply: No
- Width: 2.3 in.
- Length: 6.6 in.
- Depth: 2.3 in.
- Weight: 445 g
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.