The Arturia Vocoder V is a virtual synthesizer plug-in that models a 1979 16-band Bode/Moog analog vocoder, the classic voice-transforming effect heard on countless albums by artists like Giorgio Moroder, Daft Punk, and Wendy Carlos, or on John Carpenter's eerie soundtracks—to name just a few.
Modernized with creative and advanced new features for today's music maker, the Vocoder V is retrofitted with a built-in polyphonic analog synth, a sample player with 700+ samples, pitch tracking, advanced modulation capabilities, and a suite of FX that let you venture beyond the classic robot voice.
Arturia's proprietary TAE technology accurately emulates the characteristics of analog oscillators, filters, and soft clipping, ensuring that the Vocoder V sounds and behaves exactly like the original 16-band Vocoder. The software is compatible with Mac and Windows. It runs as standalone software or operates within AU, VST, and AAX formats.
Quickly Find Your Sound with Easy-to-Use Interface
- Instantly find the sound that’s in your head with intelligent and streamlined preset browsing—over 250 factory presets.
- Integrated in-app tutorials guide you through every aspect of the instrument.
- Resizable GUI.
- Arturia Software Center lets you download, organize, and update all your Arturia software titles in one place as well as manage all of your licenses across multiple devices.
Classic Robot Voice
- Next-generation component-level model of a 1979 16-band Bode/Moog analog vocoder.
- TAE powered for component-accurate detail and authentic analog power.
Your New Voice-Transforming Playground
Built-In Polyphonic Synth
- The original 16-band vocoder required an external synthesizer to process your vocal signal. With Vocoder V, it comes included.
- Dual-oscillator with FM—triangle, saw, square, and noise waveforms.
- Waveshaping capabilities.
- Hard sync and fixed frequencies options.
- Chord Mode: Transform every note into a full chord, with 12 voicings to choose from including a custom one
- Bend and Mod wheels let you tweak your vocoder performance dynamics, with options for pitch-bend range and glide (portamento).
- Stereo-enhancing “ensemble” function—dial in your preferred amount of rich analog-style chorus for amazing stereo depth.
Integrated Sample-Player Engine
- Vocoder V comes with an integrated sampler you can control with your keyboard or MIDI input without singing a single note.
- Keyboard Mode: Trigger up to 12 different samples, seamlessly switching between them.
- Cycle Mode: Samples are triggered in sequence, in an order of your choosing. Any time a note is played, a sample is played, regardless of pitch.
- 700+ included factory samples.
- Time-stretching to sync loops in bars to DAW BPM.
Voice Control with Pitch Tracking
- Pitch Tracking uses the external voice-input signal and matches its pitch with that of the synthesizer section, letting you control the note input with your voice, complete with note quantization.
- Assign: 6 slots, 5 sources, 30 destinations.
- Envelope Follower: Modulate up to 2 destinations simultaneously with an attack/release envelope that responds to every hit, stab, or chord.
- LFO: 6 waveforms to choose from, with per-voice polyphony and retrig, letting you weave movement and randomization in and out.
Crush, Color, or Polish your Sound with 11 FX
- Reverb, Delay
- Chorus, Flanger, Phaser
- Overdrive, Compressor
- Multimode Filter, Parametric EQ
- Stereo Pan
Patchbay-Centered Interface for the Modern Producer
- Voice and Synth levels: Strike your own balance between carrier and modulator volume.
- Times: Adjust the attack and release time for all bands.
- Frequency levels: Individually control the level of each frequency band to adjust the finer sonic details.
- Bands: Shift continuously up or down the entire range of frequencies to emphasize lower or upper frequencies.
- Patch bay: 16 bands of analysis and synthesis frequencies, from 50 to 5080 Hz, complete with sample & hold and patchbay bypass.
- High-Freq and Noise Controls: Set the behavior of the high-frequency signal—Off, Switched (with hiss signal), or Direct (always active), and balance the level of vocoded signal (buzz) and noise content (hiss).
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.