Little Labs MONOTOR 2-Channel Audiophile Headphone Amplifier w/ Mono Analysis
Designed for professional monitoring at the highest resolution possible, the Monotor from Little Labs provides long fatigue-free analytical listening on par with most mastering facilities. The analytic functions include stereo reverse, regular stereo, mono left-plus-right, mono left (left in both ears), mono right (right in both ears), and left-minus-right for hearing what is out of phase (between what is feeding the left and right in) and also useful for compressed digital audio file artifact analysis.
The Monotor offers two separate headphone amplifiers controlled by a single level knob and each amplifier powers both a 1/4" and 1/8" output for a total of four connected headphones. However, it is recommended that only a single headphone should be connected per amplifier to maintain the best possible sound. Additionally, an 1/8" mini jack input is included to provide a phone or portable audio device to be connected post mono and post volume control. A pair of TRS parallel inputs (which also work as pass-thru outputs) are also provided to further expand the connectivity and allow for daisy-chaining multiple units.
The Monotor utilizes a "Zen" circuit topology, where only a single state-of-the-art active stage is used in the circuit path of each headphone ear. All other circuit paths are straight wire passive, including all the mono functions. All passive components in the audio path were selected for sonic neutrality, this includes dale/vishay resistors, nichicon muse series caps and specialized polystyrene film decoupling caps. The Monotor uses a full voltage super low noise internal linear regulation system (4 uVrms) with massive capacitance for power on demand on each rail, which allows for a noticeably improved dynamic range over other headphone amps. The unit is able to drive the highest impedance headphones without any strain and no detectable hiss even at the highest volumes. The Monotor ships with a power supply.
- Dual 1/4” and 3.5mm separately amplified headphone jacks, for no, “where’s that adapter” hook up and partner monitoring
- Extensive mono monitoring capability: left plus right, left, right, and even left minus right, for phase check and digital compressed audio file artifact analysis
- Internal state of the art super low noise linear voltage regulation, providing audiophile full current/voltage (unlike USB wimp powered headphone amps)
- Easy input interface for balanced or unbalanced gear
- Minimal audiophile (almost completely passive) zen circuit path using a single, truly state of the art active stage per headphone output (0.5 ohms independently verified output impedance, beware of false .04 ohm output impedance claims)
- XLR/TRS combo jack inputs in parallel with TRS jacks for easy in-line monitoring hook up
- Stereo mini aux input for talkback communication or easy portable player hookup
- Quality stepped volume attenuator with internal bypass for remote volume control capability
- Rack-mountable: Up to 4 Little Labs devices fit in a 1u space