A lot of people think they’ve never heard of Brent Mason. You may not recognize the name, but chances are you've heard him. Brent is, without doubt, the number 1 session guitarist working out of Nashville and has been since the early 1990s. Not only is he a legendary studio figure, but also a renowned composer and songwriter. His compositions have been used in countless films, TV shows and commercials. His solo albums, in particular “Hot Wired” (from which this pedal got its name) has become almost mythical in its reputation for guitar tone and quality of musicianship. With Brent, you will not believe it until you hear it.
Built on the foundations of the extremely popular V1, V2 stands alone in terms of versatility. The studio scene in Nashville has changed over the last few years, so Wampler changed the Hot Wired to mirror the industry Brent works in. V1 was geared towards all out chickin’ pickin’ and beyond. Expanding on that, the V2 brings you a broader range of subtlety in channel 1. You can still find the chickin’ pickin’ tones, but you can also find a deeper, warmer overdrive section that will allow you to play as smooth as you like. With the added blend control, you won’t believe how fat your tone can be without it sounding too overdriven. Channel 2 still has the same “British Plexi” flavor that Brent loves.
Two pedals in one (overdrive and distortion), the Hot Wired is without doubt one of the most versatile pedals available today. One channel of the Hot Wired has all your overdrive needs, from a gentle break up to all out crunch. The other gives you dirt and loads of fat, creamy distortion that is tonally perfect from top to bottom. If need be you can stack them both together for a huge, huge sound.
- Built in the U.S.A.
- High grade components picked for their superior sound and response
- Relay true bypass with soft switch
- Top mounted input and output jacks
- Battery connection and 9v power jack
- Power draw: Between 17mA (9v) and 28mA (18v)
- Two separate pedals in one box, each with their own gain structure; volume, tone, gain (clean blend on channel 1)
- Bass boost switch on each channel (2 extra stages)
- Dimension: 4.5 x 4.5 x 1.5 in. size (114.3 mm x 114.3 mm x 38.1 mm) – height excludes knobs and switches
- Exact same pedal used by Brent Mason live and in the studio
- Both channels can be used at the same time for ultimate “stacking” tones
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.