- Achieve maximum Pro Tools performance with a hybrid system that harnesses onboard HDX DSP and native CPU power
- Record flawlessly through AAX DSP plugins in real time, enabling you to create polished cue mixes and track with zero audible latency
- Toggle any track from native to DSP processing mode, freeing up your CPU cores to handle virtual instruments and more creative mixing
- Capture every performance detail with up to 32-bit/192 kHz audio conversion, double precision clocking, and our most transparent mic preamp design ever
- Create, record, edit, and mix professional-quality music with
- Pro Tools, thousands of instrument sounds, and studio-staple effects and sound processors
- Expand your sonic possibilities with a special pack of premium plugins from Arturia McDSP, Plugin Alliance, UVI, Native Instruments, and more
- Get all the I/O you need to record an entire band, with 25 x 34 simultaneous channels, including four headphone outs
- Optimize or change up the tone of your mics, guitars, and basses with Variable Z inputs
Built to capture brilliance
For artists, bands, and producers, Pro Tools | Carbon is a new breed of audio interface—built to capture brilliance. It’s a hybrid audio production system that features incredible sound quality and combines the power of your native CPU with onboard HDX DSP acceleration. So you can push your computer to the limit when you mix and record through AAX DSP plugins with near-zero latency monitoring. All at the touch of a button. All in Pro Tools.
DSP AND NATIVE. THE BEST IN BOTH WORLDS.
With the Hybrid Engine under its hood, Carbon maximizes Pro Tools performance, letting you say goodbye to distracting third-party apps. Because every AAX DSP plugin has a native counterpart, you can move seamlessly between worlds at the touch a button. Put a track in DSP Mode for recording, and Carbon accelerates real-time AAX DSP plugins, while your CPU plays back the rest of your mix. Bring the track back to native mode for mixing, and Pro Tools automatically takes care of the technical tasks for you.
AAX. ARCHITECTED TO GO BEYOND.
Unmatched dynamic range. 64-bit float double precision processing. When it comes to shaping and enhancing sounds, the AAX plugin architecture lets you take your music further. It’s the only plugin architecture with true hybrid capability. And it’s designed to deliver the same impeccable sound quality in both native and HDX DSP domains. That means you can disconnect Carbon and take your mix on the road or collaborate with others who don’t have the interface.
HDX DSP ACCELERATION. MADE TO REMOVE BARRIERS.
With a custom-designed FPGA and eight HDX DSPs at its core, Carbon
is a powerhouse. The FPGA routes audio blazingly fast—one sample at a time—with near-zero latency, while the HDX DSPs handle real-time plugin processing, performing at an amazing 22.4 billion operations per second. So, no matter how big your session gets, or how many plugins you use in it, you can always record with sub-1 ms latency monitoring. And it frees up your CPU cores for virtual instruments and more creative mixing.
CONVERTERS. CLEAN AND TRUE.
The best sound quality begins with exceptional audio converters.
We went the extra mile designing ours with four ADCs per channel, providing a remarkable 126 dB dynamic range. From input, to the HDX DSPs, and into Pro Tools, the entire gain structure works at uniform 32-bit precision, providing more headroom without any signal degradation. The result? You can capture clean, natural sounding audio. Every time you record.
MIC PREAMPS. MUSICAL AND TRANSPARENT.
With a padless design, incredible 126 dB dynamic range, and support for 32-bit/192 kHz audio conversion, Carbon features the most pristine preamps we’ve ever made. Capture performances without coloration. Bypass any preamp to use your own outboard gear. And with Variable Z built in, you can adjust input impedance to optimize or alter the tone of any microphone or instrument—from dynamic and ribbon mics, to guitar and bass.
CLOCKING. TWICE AS ACCURATE.
Precision clocking is crucial for distortionless, artifact- free audio. That’s why we designed a double resolution implementation of the patented JetPLLTM jitter elimination technology that runs twice as fast as typical JetPLL-based clocks for better sound and separation. And it’s twice as accurate, with extraordinarily low jitter, ensuring high-fidelity capture and playback.
All the I/O you need
CONNECTIONS. FOR THE WHOLE BAND.
With 25 x 34 simultaneous I/O, Carbon is ready to record any session—from solo artists to full bands. Eight pristine preamps, four headphone outputs, and 16 channels of ADAT I/O open up creative possibilities for miking,
cue mixing, and expansion. Plus, its super-fast, high- bandwidth Ethernet connection not only preserves the highest possible sound quality from input to output, it’s designed to support future workflow enhancements too.
- Pro Tools | Carbon Audio Interface
Pro Tools software
- 1-year subscription with a Pro Tools perpetual parachute*
- 115 AAX plugins (over 70 AAX DSP plugins), including UVI Falcon, the Avid Complete Plugin Bundle, and HEAT
- 5.4 GB sound library
- Standard support
Additional premium plugins included
- Arturia Rev PLATE-140
- Brainworx bx_console N
- Brainworx bx_rockrack
- Brainworx bx_masterdesk
- Brainworx Purple Audio MC77
- Embody Immerse Virtual Studio
- McDSP 6050 Ultimate Channel Strip HD
- Native Instruments Vintage Organs
- UVI Model D
- Power cable
- Ethernet cable
- Rackmount screws and desktop feet
- Registration card
Need more Information? Avid Pro Tools Carbon FAQ
- Type: Pro Tools Hybrid Interface
- Computer Connectivity: Ethernet
- Form Factor: Rackmount
- Simultaneous I/O: 25 x 34
- Number of Preamps: 8 x mic, 2 x instrument
- Phantom Power: Yes
- A/D Resolution: Up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Analog Inputs: 2 x 1/4" TS (Hi-Z), 8 x XLR-1/4" combo (mic/line), 1 x DB-25 (line)
- Analog Outputs: 1 x DB-25 (line), 2 x 1/4" TRS (monitor)
- Digital Inputs: 2 x Optical Toslink (ADAT)
- Digital Outputs: 2 x Optical Toslink (ADAT)
- Headphones: 4 x 1/4" TRS
- Data I/O: 2 x Etherent (Carbon AVB)
- Clock I/O: In/Out
- Other I/O: 1 x 1/4" (remote footswitch)
- Software: Pro Tools 1-year Subscription, Avid Complete Plug-in Bundle
- OS Requirements - Mac: macOS 10.15.7 or later
- Rack Spaces: 1U
- Power Supply: Standard IEC AC cable
Manufacturer Part Number: 9900-74103-00
Carbon comes with a 1-year subscription to Pro Tools software, which includes access to the Avid Complete Plugin Bundle, HEAT, UVI Falcon 2, a 5.4 GB sound library, and Standard support, renewable annually. If you choose not to renew your subscription, your Pro Tools license includes a “perpetual parachute” that allows you to continue using Pro Tools at the last version you downloaded (it won’t ever expire) along with a core set of plugins. Please note that you will need to renew your subscription if you’d like to continue receiving access to the latest Pro Tools updates and all bundled items noted above.
Channel Strip with Class A Microphone Preamplifier, Pultec-style Equalizer, Optical Compressor, De-esser/Limiter, and Switchable VU Meter - 2021 Pride Edition
Limited Edition of the Classic Manley VOXBOX!
Be bold and be proud with this limited-edition PRIDE VOXBOX! Manley's all-tube VOXBOX channel strip may well be the ultimate voice processor, but it’s also equipped to optimize virtually any source you feed it. The VOXBOX shares its fully featured microphone preamplifier design with Manley’s acclaimed Mono Microphone Preamplifier, offering generous headroom and Class A vacuum tube tone. What’s more, the smooth compressor section is a perfect blend of Manley’s best-selling Variable MU and the opto-design of their ELOP. All of these features, in addition to a flexible Pultec-style mid-frequency Equalizer, de-esser/limiter section, and Stereo Link function, make the VOXBOX a true studio workhorse. Spec’d with no less than five of Manley’s acclaimed proprietary transformers, the VOXBOX speaks with an assertive, authoritative voice. If you’re in the market for a world-class, reference-grade channel strip, look no further. This limited-edition PRIDE VOXBOX is numbered, signed by EveAnna Manley, and includes a certificate of authenticity.
All-tube signal path
Since the late 1980s, Manley has been steadily focused on crafting premium, all-tube gear. In short, Manley really knows tubes — and they bring their considerable expertise in tube circuit design to bear in the VOXBOX. This USA-made channel strip boasts all-tube, Class A vacuum tube circuitry.
Full-featured mic preamp section
True to its name, the Manley VOXBOX is packed with a superb microphone preamplifier section. In fact, the preamp design is derived from Manley’s popular Mono Microphone Preamplifier, giving you all the essentials for superior analog tone — whether you’re inputting signal via the balanced mic input, the balanced line input, or via the 1/4-inch front-panel instrument input. Onboard, high-current 48V phantom power is switchable from the front panel and an effective 3-position highpass filter switch lets you roll off at 80Hz or 120Hz to eliminate rumble. Finally, a clever 5-position gain switch lets you control how much negative feedback is introduced, so you can achieve a wide range of drive levels and slew rates. Change tube tonal flavors quickly and easily as you dial in everything from laid back and mellow to up-front and aggressive — it’s a great way to get creative and track down the perfect sound for each vocalist or instrument.
Manley borrowed features from both their best-selling Variable MU and the opto-isolator-based ELOP (Electro-Optical) limiter to develop the VOXBOX’s all-star compressor section. Manley also figured out a way to compress the signal before it hit the tubes — without adversely affecting distortion or frequency response. What this means for the VOXBOX, is that it can both prevent mic-pre clipping as well as eliminate entire stages of electronics, cutting your microphone’s typical path in half — a huge advantage. Manley also pioneered a sidechain design, developing a “Parametric Compression” technique of using up to four different time constants simultaneously and controlling them with simple attack, release, and threshold controls. The VOXBOX’s onboard presets are based on the Light Dependent Resistors of their fast ELOP limiter, the quick LA-2A, the slower LA-3A, and various other complex and finely Manley-tuned settings. In all, you can expect fresh sounds from the VOXBOX compressor — perfect for drums, bass, vocals, and more. In fact, it’s even a great compressor to send entire mixes through — just link up two VOXBOX units.
Manley took their Pultec-style Mid Frequency Equalizer up a few notches when they added it to the VOXBOX. It’s now extended to 33 frequencies across three bands, so it offers six new frequencies from 20–150Hz as well as six new frequencies from 6.4–20kHz. With real inductors and Class A circuitry, the VOXBOX’s Equalizer is set to serve up that magical sound. An EQ input switch lets you patch in the line input, preamp output, or insert return. The switch also acts as a bypass switch for the preamplifier or external processors, for processing two different tracks.
De-esser and Limiter section
The VOXBOX’s de-esser and limiter section gives you even more flexibility with the source. The peak limiter is based on the ELOP limiter design, and Manley added a passive LC network to take care of the de-essing. There are four carefully chosen notch frequencies — 3kHz, 6kHz, 9kHz, and 12kHz — to tame problematic frequencies. Plus, a fifth position offers up an LA-2A-style limiter — compress pre-EQ, then limit post-EQ. You can also seamlessly and smoothly insert the de-esser as the music plays, so you only use it where you need it.
Switchable VU meter
The Manley VOXBOX is packed with a full-size, illuminated Sifam VU meter. An included 5-position switch lets you switch between monitor line input, preamp output, and final output audio levels as well as compressor gain reduction and de-esser/limiter action.
Manley gave the VOXBOX a few clever extras, including warm-up muting circuitry that you can bypass using an internal switch, making the VOXBOX perfect for both the studio and the stage. Other welcome additions include extensive magnetic field containment, smart grounding, and silent switching. All things considered, the Manley VOXBOX is a signal processing tour de force, and deserves serious consideration if you’re looking for an ultra-versatile reference-grade channel strip.
Manley VOXBOX Channel Strip 2121 Pride Edition Features:
- Limited Edition — numbered, signed by EveAnna Manley, and includes a certificate of authenticity
- 5 Manley transformers, nickel laminated, mu-metal casings
- 2K ohm Mic input, high-current 48V Phantom power
- Mic preamp gain: 40–60dB
- hi-Z (100k ohm) DI instrument input
- Line and Insert inputs (balanced XLR, 1/4-inch)
- Preamp and EQ outputs (balanced XLR, 1/4-inch)
- Transformer-balanced XLR outputs
- Transformerless unbalanced 1/4-inch outputs
- Stereo Link for Compressor and De-esser/Limiter
- Side Chain Monitor for De-Esser
- Large illuminated Sifam meter with 5 readout modes
- THD + N (1kHz @ +20dBu): 0.3%
- Maximum output: +31dBu
- Rugged 3U rackmount chassis
- Dimensions: 19-inch x 5.25-inch x 10-inch
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.