UF8 is SSL’s latest studio controller, designed for today’s DAW-based production workflows and ultrafast turn-around times. An expandable 8-channel advanced DAW controller, UF8 connects engineers, producers and artists directly to the creative process, offering absolute command of their workflow and significantly accelerating the speed of audio production and content creation
Not all controllers are equal:
UF8 is the culmination of SSL’s 40+ year legacy of mastering production workflows and studio ergonomics built into generations of classic SSL consoles. This depth of understanding of studio production, combined with decades of engineering excellence, delivers a premium finish tactile USB controller that distills SSL workflow and quality.
UF8 offers intuitive features that are developed from a true understanding of production workflow. Take ultimate control with simultaneous access to multiple DAW sessions, and precise navigation with a multi-purpose Master Encoder for DAW timeline access, track banking and mouse wheel emulation. 'Dual-purpose Selection Keys permit rapid access to select functions as well as solo and mute clearing in Pro Tools and Logic Pro. New CHANNEL and PLUG-IN control modes provide enhanced workflows for those using UF8 with Pro Tools, with easy access to sends and plug-ins without slowing down your creativity.
Each UF8 comes equipped with 43 assignable user keys set across 5 configurable banks, allowing users to configure their essential keyboard shortcuts and macros for total session control. Add multiple controllers to create your unique mixing system; build your perfect 16-24 channel music creation hub, or connect 4 UF8’s within a single system to create a 32-channel controller ideal for large post production or mixing sessions. Multiple UF8s can be chained together using the THRU port and provide a safe place for iLok storage. For perfect positioning, each UF8 includes an adjustable stand allowing for six different angles of elevation for user defined placement. 19” rack mount kits are also available for installation into an ORIGIN console center section or other 19” studio racking.
SSL’s new 360° software application provides fast configuration and admin control of your UF8. With an expanded system, ‘drag-n-drop’ configuration gives quick and dynamic access to each individual controller set up. Customize workflows and define up to 3 different DAW layers for simultaneous session control, with all changes managed without getting in the way of your productivity.
Elevate the sound and speed of your mixes with the Solid State Logic UC1, a console-style hardware control surface providing fast, intuitive, knob-per-function control of the bundled SSL Native Channel Strip 2 and Bus Compressor 2 plug-ins, which boast precise digital modeling, external sidechain triggering, and many other user-requested features. Whether you run it standalone or alongside the UF8 (available separately), the UC1 merges the ergonomic workflow of SSL's legendary analog consoles with the impressive sonic performance of their plug-ins.
Connect the UC1 to your Mac/Windows computer with either of the supplied cables (USB Type-C or USB Type-A) and switch between three connected DAWs such as Pro Tools, Logic Pro, or Ableton Live. With smart LED rings, 16-segment I/O meters, and an authentic moving-coil Bus Compressor meter, the UC1 offers immediate and constant visual feedback. Change routing and load presets at the push of a button, and tap into the SSL 360° software to engage with multiple plug-ins at the same time.
SSL Plug-In Controller
Console Ergonomics and Workflow
UC1's layout of encoders, switches, and color groupings offer professional SSL console ergonomics seamlessly integrated with SSL's most advanced Channel Strip and Bus Compressor plug-ins to date. Multiple parameters can be controlled simultaneously and precisely, equipping you with a production tool that nurtures muscle memory, provides unmatched sonic flexibility, and inspires operator confidence.
Every detail of UC1 has been implemented to keep you in control and informed of how your mix is reacting to processing. Dedicated front-panel encoders accompanied by an onboard high-resolution display allow you to move quickly between instances of Channel Strip and Bus Compressor directly from the surface. You can also load presets, as well as alter the Channel Strip process order.
SSL 360° Plug-In Mixer
Channel Strip and Bus Compressor
At the heart of UC1 are Bus Compressor controls. Its authentic layout and metering feels like you're controlling a hardware bus comp built into the center section of an SSL console. With a classic moving-coil gain reduction meter as found on SSL consoles since the 1970s, it represents the Bus Compressor's time constants and gain reduction characteristics perfectly for producers and engineers to know exactly how it's reacting with their instruments, subgroups, and mix bus.
SSL Plug-Ins Included
Essential Features at a Glance
- Legendary SSL workflow and console ergonomics meet the power of SSL Native Channel Strip 2 and Bus Compressor 2 plug-ins
- Knob-per-function control of included SSL Native Channel Strip 2 and Bus Compressor 2 plug-ins
- Muscle-memory operation and constant visual feedback via smart LED rings
- Onboard display tells you which Channel Strip and Bus Compressor plug-in UC1 is currently focused on, as well as giving you a value readout of the control currently being turned
- Load plug-in presets and change Channel Strip routing directly from UC1
- Authentic moving-coil gain reduction meter, driven from the SSL Native Bus Compressor plug-in
- SSL Plug-in Mixer (hosted in SSL 360°) provides a place to view and control of your Channel Strips and Bus Compressors, all from one screen
- Switch between three different DAWs that are connected to the Plug-in Mixer
- High-quality metal enclosure with a brushed anodized top plate
- High-speed USB Type-C connection to computer
- Includes USB Type-C and USB Type-C to USB Type-A cables, plus an auto-ranging DC power supply
- Utilizes SSL 360° Mac/Windows software
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.