The BeatStep Pro from Arturia is an analog and MIDI controller / sequencer for software instruments, analog & digital hardware synthesizers, drum machines, drum kits, and iPad applications. The unit features 16 projects, each with two melodic sequencers offering up to 64 steps per sequence, and 16 sequences per project. Additionally, the drum sequencer allows for 16 separate tracks (one per pad) of sequencing and allows for real-time recording via pads or step buttons for a classic drum machine workflow.
When placed in controller mode, a performer can use the pads and rotary encoder knobs to control drum software on an iPad (with camera connector kit) or a computer such as BFD, Kontakt, Ableton Live's Drum Rack, EZ Drummer, Addictive Drums, Reason Kong, or Geist. The controller can also be used to trigger clips or tracks in production and DJ software such as Ableton Live, Traktor, and Serato. The rotary encoders can be MIDI mapped to control filters, EQs, delays and other effects. The included MIDI Control Center software provides a user interface for MIDI mapping the functions of the controller with the option of archiving favorite presets. The pads can be set for note generation, MIDI CC buttons, and sending program change messages for a wide range of applications.
When placed into sequencer mode, each of the melodic sequences offer note, velocity and gate time settings with the ability to tie notes. Record note pitch, length, and velocity in real-time with the pads or an external keyboard and the sequence will playback quantized at the step resolution. The unit includes scale modes to quantize the pitch of the encoders to specific pitches within a given scale. Not only does the drum sequencer record 16 MIDI tracks, but will also sends 8 gate outputs for triggering drum modules in the analog domain.
All of the touch-sensitive knobs give parameter feedback with the slightest brush, without changing values. Each of the knobs, step buttons, and velocity sensitive pads are fully customizable and can send MIDI CC messages, note data, and program changes. The dedicated randomizer function offers control over amount and probability, while the real-time looper/roller touch-strip creates loops and stutter effects.
All sequences offer independent control over swing and transposition, but may be controlled globally so all functions change at the same time. The BeatStep Pro offers multiple synchronization sources including internal clock, USB, external MIDI clock, or analog/DIN sync. The USB port allows for standard class-compliant bus-powered operation. Use a USB power adapter to use the BeatStep Pro in standalone mode. The BeatStep Pro ships with a micro USB cable and two MIDI adapters.
- 2 monophonic step sequencers
- Up to 64 steps per sequence
- Note, velocity and gate time settings per step
- Note tie
- 16-track drum sequencer (one track per pad)
- MIDI controller mode
- Fully customizable for knobs, step buttons and velocity and pressure sensitive pads
- Send MIDI CC, note data, program changes
- 16 Projects, each with 16x2 sequences, 16 drum sequences and a controller map.
- Performance controls
- Randomizer with Amount and Probability settings
- Real-time looper/roller touch strip
- Independent swing amount per sequence
- Touch sensitive knobs
- Tap Tempo
- CV/GATE outputs (1 volt per octave CV, 10 volt gates)
- 8 drum gate outputs
- Clock sync with multiple standards
- MIDI In/Out with supplied MIDI adaptors
- USB class compliant
- Kensington lock
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.