Arturia's Polybrute is their flagship polyphonic analog synthesizer, a six-voice bitimbral synth with preset morphing and a host of deep features that make it versatile and unique. Complete with morphing functionality, loads of expressive user controls, and the matrix-style patch routing scheme that made the Matrixbrute so powerful, Arturia have finally delivered an instrument that we have been dreaming about for years: a polyphonic addition to the Brute family of synthesizers. And happily, the addition of these new sonic possibilities and new means of expressive control make it something far greater than we could have expected.
Polybrute's six analog voices each have two oscillators with sub-oscillator and a noise source. In addition, several waveshaping capabilities morph the simple waveforms into new waveshapes with their own harmonic character, including PWM and a metalizer. These can be further shaped with the two onboard filters, one 24dB/oct ladder and one of Arturia's classic Steiner-Parker filter that has graced many of their previous products. The effects section features three digital stereo effects including modulation, delay, and reverb which add space and depth to your sound and pair perfectly with the raw sound of the analog oscillators and filters.
The keyboard is a 61-key keybed with velocity sensitivity and aftertouch. Additionally, situated directly above the keybed and integrated with the wooden panel is a ribbon controller that offers two and a half octaves of control. In addition, a pitch bend and mod wheel are available, but where the Polybrute gets really expressive is the Morphée. This interactive surface features both XY control as well as pressure-sensitivity which adds a new dimension to your playing style. An onboard arpeggiator and 64-step sequencer allow you to step away from the keybed and automate your playing. In addition, three lanes of motion sequencing allow you to sequence the parameters, providing dynamic adjustment of the sonic character of the Polybrute. The sequencer can be synced to MIDI or analog sync with an input and output on 3.5mm jacks.
The 12 x 32 mod matrix provides routing for the parameters available on the front panel, plus some settings that are under the hood. Three envelopes and three variable waveshape LFOs per voice make up the primary modulation sources, which can be freely routed. The mod matrix also offers control over the depth of the routing, allowing for subtle modulation of a parameter with a modulation source instead of the full range. The menu system provides deep editing of controls, displaying them on the crisp OLED screen. Parameters can be selected through the menu, or with the press of a button and a turn of a knob, you can easily select and change a particular parameter. While the sound sources and filter are analog, the Polybrute is digitally controlled, allowing for up to 768 presets in eight banks of 96 presets.
Of course, one of the Polybrute's most notable features is the morph control, which continuously and dynamically fades between the settings of two presets. This isn't a simple crossfade—it actually acts as a macro control which morphs between the individual parameters settings of two distinct sounds. This is a performative and expressive control that morphs between presets and can unlock a range of new sounds in the space between two completely separate timbres. This can be subtle if desired—simply use two sounds that have only minor variations between them. Alternatively, it can be extreme, allowing you to find an infinite world of combinations, creating peculiar and unexpected soundscapes by drifting between drastically different tones. The morph parameter is even available as a modulation destination, allowing you to automate changes to the timbre as you play.
Big sound, expressive playing, and deep editing of parameters with the assignable mod matrix make the Polybrute an absolute knockout of a synthesizer. Whether you just want the simple and beautiful sound of an analog oscillator through a filter or a continuously morphing fade between two presets and motion sequencing of parameters, the Polybrute provides a range of options for all playing styles.
- PolyBrute unit
- Power cable
Size & weight
- Instrument size : 38.3 x 14.9 x 4.4 inches (972 x 378 x 110mm)
- Instrument weight : 44 lbs. (20 Kg)
- Analog Morphing Synthesizer
- 6 voices of Polyphony
- Mono, Unison, Poly voicing
- Single, Split, Layer modes
- 61-keys with Velocity and Aftertouch
- Pitch Bend, Mod Wheel, Ribbon controllers
- Morphée touch and pressure sensitive 3D controller
- Sound Morphing capability, part A and B for each preset
- Two Analog VCO's
- Triangle + Metalizer
- Square + Pulse Width
- Linear FM
- Hard Sync
- Noise Generator
- Continuous tone from rumble noise to white noise
- Osc and Noise Mixer with Filter routing
- 12dB/Oct Steiner Parker Filter
- Continuous LP>Notch>HP>BP morphing
- Cutoff, Resonance, Brute Factor
- 24dB/Oct Ladder Filter with Distortion
- Three Envelopes
- Two ADSR
- One DADSR
- Looping capability
- Three LFOs
- LFO1 and LFO2 with waveform selection
- LFO3 with waveform shaping using Shape and Symmetry
- Rate control & Tempo Sync
- Various retrig options
- Three stereo digital effects
- Modulation FX : Chorus, Phaser, Flanger, Ring Modulation, ...
- Delay : 9 algorithms including BBD, Digital delay, ...
- Reverb : 9 algorithms including Hall, Plate, Spring, Shimmer, ...
- 768 preset slots
- 12x32 Modulation Matrix
- 64 step polyphonic sequencer
- Notes, Accent, Slide per step
- 3 tracks of automation
- Arpeggiator and Matrix Arpeggiator
- Stereo audio output
- MIDI and USB i/o + analog clock i/o
- 2 expression and 1 sustain pedal inputs
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.