MAKE EVERYTHING BETTER
The most iconic studio compressor ever made, recreated as a software plugin. Perfect vocals and instruments every time.
The phrase “industry standard” gets used a lot in music production circles, but few products actually live up the hype.
The original 1176 compressor designed by Bill Putnam Sr. truly lives up to the name. Now - thanks to Arturia’s TAE® technology - you can enjoy its legendary tone-shaping from the convenience of a software plugin.
Produced from the late 60s, the original hardware compressor was a staple of all major studios. Every mix engineer demanded at least one in a session, and they were used to shape the sound of countless hit records from Michael Jackson to The Killers, Guns n Roses to Joe Cocker, Bruce Springsteen to Chaka Khan. You won’t have to settle for just one, though; with Comp FET-76, you can load up one of these classic compressors on as many channels as you want.
People often say the 1176 “just makes things sound better”, but how does it do it? Our engineers carefully analyzed and modeled every component, electronics nuance, and quirk in the data of an original D/E model to find out, and recreate it as software. The combination of the Field Effect Transistor, the “Class A” amplifier, and its unique design imparts a subtle, but very desirable tonal change even at very low compression levels. Crank the input, patch in higher ratio, or even go “all in”, and that FET magic really comes alive. We didn’t simply create a software clone, we created a truly modern compressor with updated features, but featuring the same legendary sound.
A fantastic all-rounder for both compressing and heating up your tone, Comp FET-76 is a must-have plugin.
What’s so special about Comp FET-76?
The perfect vocal compressor
The Comp FET-76 characteristic tone imparts an interesting flavor to this live acoustic guitar and vocal track.
Backing vocal control
It’s easy to use, and super effective. Keep everything under control, and make mixing a piece of cake.
Discover the power of Arturia’s Advanced Side-chain panel with this rythmic track. The Chord movement is triggered by the 808 Kick, while the original FET-76 tone colors the rhythm section.
Add unique tone
“All buttons” ratio mode nicely blended with the original track using the included Mix parallel compression. The kick is also preserved using the Side chain High Pass Filter.
Saturated “all in” mode
Want to spice up a drum loop with analog saturation? Easy! Go “all in”, push the famed “All Buttons” ratio mode, and enjoy!
Subtle when needed
Using a little bit of Side-chain EQ and Time Warp snap, this acoustic guitar has its low-mid spectrum under control using the FET-76.
While a rack full of hardware FET compressors is a dream setup for many, that sort of setup is confined to only the world’s top studios. However, thanks to Arturia’s award-winning skill and heritage of breathing new life into vintage equipment, and reimagining it as software, you can now live out your fantasies, and make the famous 1176 sound part of your creative setup.
All of the tone, all of the dynamic-shaping power, but with the convenience and versatility of software.
- Virtual recreation of famed classic FET compressor
- Original electronic path accurately modeled, including FET, transformers and transistors, using Arturia’s state-of-the-art TAE® analog modeling
- Original ultra fast attack & release parameters down to 20 microseconds
- "All Buttons" British mode ratio for explosive sound
- Additional Arturia's creative side-chain features:
- External side-chain source to trigger the compressor to an external source
- 5 creative detection mode, including M/S processing
- Time warp function with look ahead or delay added to your side-chain path
- Advanced Side-chain EQ
- Compression range parameter to limit the amount of gain reduction applied, with 0dB position for FET-76 with no compression/distortion only sound
- Monitor Side-chain signal directly
- Dry/wet Mix knob for parallel compression
- Input-Output gain link switch
- Switchable Analog VU meter with 3 calibrations mode (-18dBFs, -12dBS, -8 dBFs)
- Analog clipping LED indicator
- Comprehensive set of presets
- A/B comparison setting
- Integrated tutorials and unique dynamic preset tips
- Resizable window
- State-of-the-art TAE® analog modeling
Windows: Win 7+ PC: 4 GB RAM; 2 GHz CPU.
1GB free hard disk space
OpenGL 2.0 compatible GPU
Apple: 10.10+: 4 GB RAM; 2 GHz CPU.
1GB free hard disk space
OpenGL 2.0 compatible GPU
- VST 2.4 (64-bit
- VST 3 (64-bit)
- AAX (64 bits with PT 11)
- Audio Unit (64-bit)
- NKS* (64-bit DAWs only)
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.