THE MULTI-MODE MONSTER, REBORN
The legendary analog poly synth’s filter reworked as a superbly powerful, modern plugin for your DAW.
If you want a filter with depth, character, and complexity; look no further.
Filter M12 is a full-featured recreation of the multi-mode filter found in Oberheim’s iconic Matrix-12, kitted out with awesome updates that make this plugin one of the most powerful, performable sound-shaping tools around.
Combining intuitive, gorgeous-sounding modeled analog filter tone control with programmable modulation envelopes, a detailed mod matrix, and bonus random and mod osc parameters, Filter M12 is set to become your go-to choice for creative frequency control. Create anything from smooth sweeps to rhythmic motion, all the way to full-blown, randomized glitch meltdowns: this plugin can handle it all.
The most advanced, adaptable filter of its era
In 1984, audio and electronics legend Tom Oberheim developed a groundbreaking subtractive, analog polyphonic synthesizer; a brave move when the digital synth revolution was taking the industry by storm. Standing the test of time, his brainchild instrument is now considered a classic, and our emulated version takes pride of place in V Collection. One of the main reasons it turned heads in the 80s was its audacity, the sheer power of its signal routing options, and its multi-mode filter.
The original synthesizer’s filter employed a single filter per voice, but provides no fewer than 15 different filter modes. This included Low Pass and three High Pass modes, two Band Pass modes, a Notch filter, and a Phase Shift mode. It also included another 4 modes, combining 1-Pole Low Pass filters with other modes. This unique selection of filter options is largely responsible for the immense power and scope of the fabled Matrix sound.
This filter is now available as a re-energized creative plugin for your DAW.
Iconic filter tone with a modern twist
As if accurately recreating Tom Oberheim’s original filter wasn’t amazing enough, we have also supercharged this virtual version with contemporary features that we know you’re going to love.
Practically an instrument in its own right, our reborn Filter M12 is packed with intuitive yet powerful features. With it, you’ll be able to transform your source material into totally new sounds; create pulsing patterns; perform dramatic sweeps; or simply hone your tone using one of its many filter modes. Its CPU-friendly, low latency architecture also make it the perfect, animatable filter to use in your live sets and performances.
Made possibly through the magic of Arturia’s True Analog Emulation technology, we originally brought the sonic signature of this 80s icon into the 21st century studio in Matrix-12 V, our critically acclaimed software version of Oberheim’s classic, and a jewel in the crown of the Arturia V Collection. Call it selfish, but we are a company of musicians, and we wanted to unleash the power of Matrix-12 V’s filter, free it from the software synth, and create a new, exciting DAW plugin. To echo the depth and complexity of its synth family, we supercharged the filter with extra processing, modulation envelopes, and vast routing options with a modulation matrix.
- Virtual recreation of the Matrix 12 multimode filter
- 2 instances of the Matrix 12 filter within one plugin instance
- 15 distinct filter modes available per filter instance
- Cutoff frequency, resonance, pan and out volume controls for each instance
- Master cutoff control for controlling both instances' cutoff at once
- 4 audio routing configurations
- Global dry / Wet and output filter controls
- Random values generator
- Can be synchronized with DAW’s clock
- 3 advanced multi-segments envelopes
- 2 modes: loop or triggered by audio
- Synchronized with DAW’s clock
- Can be used as LFOs, step sequencer or envelopes
- Predefined presets
- Modulation oscillator
- Audio range modulation source for parameters frequency modulation
- 5 waveforms
- Modulation matrix
- Envelope, random generator and mod oscillator as sources
- 8 assignable destinations slots with 22 reachable parameters
- 40 presets from top sound designers
- State-of-the-art TAE® analog modeling
Windows: Win 7+ PC: 4 GB RAM; 2 GHz CPU.
1GB free hard disk space
OpenGL 2.0 compatible GPU
Apple: 10.10+: 4 GB RAM; 2 GHz CPU.
1GB free hard disk space
OpenGL 2.0 compatible GPU
- VST 2.4 (64-bit)
- VST 3 (64-bit)
- AAX (64 bits with PT 11)
- Audio Unit (64-bit)
- NKS* (64-bit DAWs only)
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.