LEGENDARY TAPE KEYBOARD
The Mellotron put an orchestra at the fingertips and redefined what it was to be a keyboard player. Now with modifications never dreamed of in the 1960s, our faithfully modeled reproduction will infuse your sound with updated vintage goodness.
From psychedelic rock to rocking your world
In the mid ‘60s, the Mellotron thrilled keyboardists with the ability to play tape-based recordings of actual orchestral instruments—adding its own quirky sonic character. Whether you’re conjuring the classics or creating new ones, adding this vintage sound to your music with Mellotron V is sure to make people sit up and listen.
Mellotron V puts the orchestral sounds of classic art rock right in your hands—cape optional.
Imagine a pre-digital world where sampling didn’t exist and the only way to incorporate orchestral realism in your music was, well, to hire an actual orchestra. Enter the Mellotron circa 1963. We’ve lovingly re-engineered it in Mellotron V for your music circa today.
What if you placed a tape playback mechanism under each key and fed each one a recording of a single orchestral instrument note? Crazy? Brilliant? Who cares! That ingenuity resulted in the Mellotron and empowered artists like The Beatles, The Moody Blues, Genesis and Yes to perform strings, brass, woodwinds and more without hiring a room full of session players. The imperfections of tape flutter and other 1960s electronics yielded a sort of alt-universe version of these traditional instruments. In today’s world of pristine sampling, that contrast has brought the “Tron” sound back into vogue at the hands of artists like Caro Emerald, Vampire Weekend and Kasabian.
Something old, a lot new
Here’s the thing. There are plenty of Mellotron samples out in the world—but why stop there when you can interact with a full-on model of the real thing? Thanks to our award-winning modeling tech found throughout V Collection 7, we’ve given you full control to tweak every aspect of your sound, including variable instrument mix combos, tape flutter, saturation and inherent noise.
In addition to bringing vintage essence, Mellotron V allows you to play your own samples through this iconic tape-replay engine.
- 65 original tape racks from MKI/MKII/M300/M400 Mellotrons
- User sample import: benefit from the Mellotron sound on any sample
- 3 tracks to select or blend samples
- Modeling parameters and modulations: flutter, tape saturation, mechanics noise, noise floor, velocity on volume and aftertouch on flutter
- Amplitude envelope and loop controls for each sample
- Time stretching on user samples
- Dedicated effects pedal board
- 4 slots with a selection of 10 different effects
- 1 amplifier simulator (Fender Twin or Leslie)
- 1 room ambiance
- 61 presets
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.