The Avantone "Cabernet (C-series)" mics are designed to offer true professional performance. They will meet or surpass the performance and specifications of much higher priced mics. The Avantone CK-40 is truly a gorgeous looking and sounding microphone. The design, character and performance is comparable to some of the world's finest Stereo FET Mics...but at a fraction of their cost!
Our rugged CK-40 microphone body and capsule assembly are precision machined of BRASS. Aesthetically, it features an elegant Cabernet Wine-Red finish, accented with polished nickel trim and grill. The Discreet Class A Low-Noise FET circuitry will yield pleasing professional results comparable to much more expensive designs.
Any studio can proudly offer the stereo CK-40 as a group vocal mic, room mic, piano mic, or utility condenser due to its versatility...It exudes class visually as well as sonically.
Manufactured using the finest materials yielding a very solid feel, superb structural integrity and rugged reliability. The versatile Avantone CK-40 Stereo Class A FET microphone features twin LARGE 35mm center-terminated pressure gradient transducers. Their close physical proximity places them in a tight vertical array to allow accurate stereo imaging without phase issues arising. The top capsule/grill assembly rotates UP TO 90 degrees relative to the lower capsule/grill assembly. This feature along with the multi-pattern independent selector choices allow for all stereo recording techniques to be utilized. (XY-Coincident / Blumlein, M-S)
- The 2 sets of pad, pattern select & LF rolloff switches independently control the capsules. (Front switches control the lower fixed grill/capsule while the rear switches control the upper rotating headgrill.) The 3 patterns allow the CK-40 to be used in a variety of situations including M-S recording.
- The -10dB attenuation switch can be engaged when miking very high SPL sources to keep from overloading the electronics.
- The 80Hz HIGH-PASS filter switch can be engaged to reduce rumble and to keep unwanted low frequencies from "muddying up" the track. The CK-40 operates on standard 48 volt phantom power and includes a 5-Pin mic cable that plugs into the included 1x2 stereo splitter box. Two standard XLR mic cables are then all that is required to connect to a phantom powered mic preamp/console channel.
The included Custom Retro Shockmount is superb in allowing a precise positioning of the mic while inhibiting the transfer of unwanted vibrations up into the mic. This isolation allows for superior professional results.
So many sonic and spatial options are available with this microphone and we encourage you to experiment and use your ears as the final judge for stereo panning spread, use of omni vs cardioid or whether utilizing M-S miking techniques will better serve your particular situation etc...
- Type: Stereo True Condenser Microphone
- Polar Pattern(s): Cardioid, Omni, Figure-8 (x2)
- Capsule: (2) Dual plate 35mm gold sputtered diaphragm / brass assembly
- Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz +/- 3dB
- Output Impedance: <=250 Ohms / transformer isolated
- Sensitivity: -40dB
- S/N Ratio: 77dB re 1Pa
- Maximum SPL: 147 dB (0.5% THD @1000Hz)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 17dB (A weighted EC651)
- Output Connector: Male XLR 5 pin with included breakout box and cable
- High-Pass Switch: 80 Hz 6dB/octave
- Attenuation Switch: -10dB
- Power Requirement: Standard 48 Volt Phantom (x2) 3mA current consumption
- Included Accessories:
- Padded Wooden Box
- Foam Filter
- 2x1 splitter box
- 30' Cable
- Metal road case
- Dimensions: 27.6mm X 49mm
- Weight: .95 kgs / 2.1 lbs
- Finish: Polished Nickel trim / Metallic Cabernet Red Body
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.