Our rugged CR-14 microphone body and inner assembly parts are precision machined of brass. Aesthetically, it features an elegant Cabernet Wine-Red finish, accented with polished nickel trim and a black grill. The CR-14 has a unique, "retro" body design.
The transformer coupled output will yield pleasing professional results comparable to much more expensive designs. Any studio can proudly offer the CR-14 as a guitar cabinet, room mic, drum overheads, vocal mic or utility room mic due to its versatility...It exudes class visually as well as sonically.
Manufactured using the finest materials yielding a very solid feel, superb structural integrity and rugged reliability. The versatile CR-14 mic is able to produce professional results with a warm, pleasing sonic character.
The included Custom Retro Shockmount is superb in allowing a precise positioning of the mic while inhibiting the transfer of unwanted vibrations up into the mic. This isolation allows for superior professional results.
The CR-14's dual, low-mass ribbon element which enables a much better sensitivity rating than most single ribbon designs. This design lends to fast and accurate transient response, ultra-high 148 dB SPL capability, and overall stunning realism. It has a figure-8 audio directionality (pickup) pattern via front and rear, with extended sweet spots (as compared to Large Diaphragm condenser mics & single ribbon designs).
The CR-14 has very low residual noise, with no internal active electronics to overload or produce distortion. It also requires no power supply.
- Type: Ribbon Microphone
- Polar Pattern(s): Figure of 8
- Ribbon: Dual Ribbon / Pure Aluminum / 35mm x 5mm / 2 microns thick
- Frequency Response: 30Hz - 15kHz +/- 3dB
- Output Impedance: <=600 Ohms
- Recommended Load: Impedance 3000 Ohms
- Sensitivity: -52 dBv +/- 2dB Re. (0dB=1V/Pa)
- S/N Ratio: 70dB re 1Pa
- Noise Floor: < 17 dBA
- Maximum SPL: 145dB (0.5% THD @1000Hz)
- Output Connector: Male XLR 3 pin
- Power Requirement: None
- Included Accessories:
- Padded Wooden Box
- Metal road case
- Dimensions: 1.45" (37mm) x 6.89" (175mm)
- Weight (BV-1 Mic Only): 16 oz (496 grams)
- Finish: Polished Nickel trim / Glossy Butter-Cream Body
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.