- Achieve maximum Pro Tools performance with a hybrid system that harnesses onboard HDX DSP and native CPU power
- Record flawlessly through AAX DSP plugins in real time, enabling you to create polished cue mixes and track with zero audible latency
- Toggle any track from native to DSP processing mode, freeing up your CPU cores to handle virtual instruments and more creative mixing
- Capture every performance detail with up to 32-bit/192 kHz audio conversion, double precision clocking, and our most transparent mic preamp design ever
- Create, record, edit, and mix professional-quality music with
- Pro Tools, thousands of instrument sounds, and studio-staple effects and sound processors
- Expand your sonic possibilities with a special pack of premium plugins from Arturia McDSP, Plugin Alliance, UVI, Native Instruments, and more
- Get all the I/O you need to record an entire band, with 25 x 34 simultaneous channels, including four headphone outs
- Optimize or change up the tone of your mics, guitars, and basses with Variable Z inputs
Built to capture brilliance
For artists, bands, and producers, Pro Tools | Carbon is a new breed of audio interface—built to capture brilliance. It’s a hybrid audio production system that features incredible sound quality and combines the power of your native CPU with onboard HDX DSP acceleration. So you can push your computer to the limit when you mix and record through AAX DSP plugins with near-zero latency monitoring. All at the touch of a button. All in Pro Tools.
DSP AND NATIVE. THE BEST IN BOTH WORLDS.
With the Hybrid Engine under its hood, Carbon maximizes Pro Tools performance, letting you say goodbye to distracting third-party apps. Because every AAX DSP plugin has a native counterpart, you can move seamlessly between worlds at the touch a button. Put a track in DSP Mode for recording, and Carbon accelerates real-time AAX DSP plugins, while your CPU plays back the rest of your mix. Bring the track back to native mode for mixing, and Pro Tools automatically takes care of the technical tasks for you.
AAX. ARCHITECTED TO GO BEYOND.
Unmatched dynamic range. 64-bit float double precision processing. When it comes to shaping and enhancing sounds, the AAX plugin architecture lets you take your music further. It’s the only plugin architecture with true hybrid capability. And it’s designed to deliver the same impeccable sound quality in both native and HDX DSP domains. That means you can disconnect Carbon and take your mix on the road or collaborate with others who don’t have the interface.
HDX DSP ACCELERATION. MADE TO REMOVE BARRIERS.
With a custom-designed FPGA and eight HDX DSPs at its core, Carbon
is a powerhouse. The FPGA routes audio blazingly fast—one sample at a time—with near-zero latency, while the HDX DSPs handle real-time plugin processing, performing at an amazing 22.4 billion operations per second. So, no matter how big your session gets, or how many plugins you use in it, you can always record with sub-1 ms latency monitoring. And it frees up your CPU cores for virtual instruments and more creative mixing.
CONVERTERS. CLEAN AND TRUE.
The best sound quality begins with exceptional audio converters.
We went the extra mile designing ours with four ADCs per channel, providing a remarkable 126 dB dynamic range. From input, to the HDX DSPs, and into Pro Tools, the entire gain structure works at uniform 32-bit precision, providing more headroom without any signal degradation. The result? You can capture clean, natural sounding audio. Every time you record.
MIC PREAMPS. MUSICAL AND TRANSPARENT.
With a padless design, incredible 126 dB dynamic range, and support for 32-bit/192 kHz audio conversion, Carbon features the most pristine preamps we’ve ever made. Capture performances without coloration. Bypass any preamp to use your own outboard gear. And with Variable Z built in, you can adjust input impedance to optimize or alter the tone of any microphone or instrument—from dynamic and ribbon mics, to guitar and bass.
CLOCKING. TWICE AS ACCURATE.
Precision clocking is crucial for distortionless, artifact- free audio. That’s why we designed a double resolution implementation of the patented JetPLLTM jitter elimination technology that runs twice as fast as typical JetPLL-based clocks for better sound and separation. And it’s twice as accurate, with extraordinarily low jitter, ensuring high-fidelity capture and playback.
All the I/O you need
CONNECTIONS. FOR THE WHOLE BAND.
With 25 x 34 simultaneous I/O, Carbon is ready to record any session—from solo artists to full bands. Eight pristine preamps, four headphone outputs, and 16 channels of ADAT I/O open up creative possibilities for miking,
cue mixing, and expansion. Plus, its super-fast, high- bandwidth Ethernet connection not only preserves the highest possible sound quality from input to output, it’s designed to support future workflow enhancements too.
- Pro Tools | Carbon Audio Interface
Pro Tools software
- 1-year subscription with a Pro Tools perpetual parachute*
- 115 AAX plugins (over 70 AAX DSP plugins), including UVI Falcon, the Avid Complete Plugin Bundle, and HEAT
- 5.4 GB sound library
- Standard support
Additional premium plugins included
- Arturia Rev PLATE-140
- Brainworx bx_console N
- Brainworx bx_rockrack
- Brainworx bx_masterdesk
- Brainworx Purple Audio MC77
- Embody Immerse Virtual Studio
- McDSP 6050 Ultimate Channel Strip HD
- Native Instruments Vintage Organs
- UVI Model D
- Power cable
- Ethernet cable
- Rackmount screws and desktop feet
- Registration card
Need more Information? Avid Pro Tools Carbon FAQ
- Type: Pro Tools Hybrid Interface
- Computer Connectivity: Ethernet
- Form Factor: Rackmount
- Simultaneous I/O: 25 x 34
- Number of Preamps: 8 x mic, 2 x instrument
- Phantom Power: Yes
- A/D Resolution: Up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Analog Inputs: 2 x 1/4" TS (Hi-Z), 8 x XLR-1/4" combo (mic/line), 1 x DB-25 (line)
- Analog Outputs: 1 x DB-25 (line), 2 x 1/4" TRS (monitor)
- Digital Inputs: 2 x Optical Toslink (ADAT)
- Digital Outputs: 2 x Optical Toslink (ADAT)
- Headphones: 4 x 1/4" TRS
- Data I/O: 2 x Etherent (Carbon AVB)
- Clock I/O: In/Out
- Other I/O: 1 x 1/4" (remote footswitch)
- Software: Pro Tools 1-year Subscription, Avid Complete Plug-in Bundle
- OS Requirements - Mac: macOS 10.15.7 or later
- Rack Spaces: 1U
- Power Supply: Standard IEC AC cable
Manufacturer Part Number: 9900-74103-00
Carbon comes with a 1-year subscription to Pro Tools software, which includes access to the Avid Complete Plugin Bundle, HEAT, UVI Falcon 2, a 5.4 GB sound library, and Standard support, renewable annually. If you choose not to renew your subscription, your Pro Tools license includes a “perpetual parachute” that allows you to continue using Pro Tools at the last version you downloaded (it won’t ever expire) along with a core set of plugins. Please note that you will need to renew your subscription if you’d like to continue receiving access to the latest Pro Tools updates and all bundled items noted above.
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.