Instead of utilizing a transformer to add saturation to its sound, the LA-120 is built around a low noise USA-made JFET which allows it to capture the transient dynamics and true character of a sound source with realism and authenticity.
The capsule of a microphone captures music’s most meaningful moments and converts them into electricity with relentless results. Our custom-made 17mm capsule provides a modern, vibrant timbre without the harshness often found in affordable microphone designs. This makes it an ideal choice for use on drums, acoustic guitar and paino.
OMNI AND CARDIOID CAPSULES IN THE BOX
Polar patterns have a significant impact on the sound of a microphone because each selection determines what the microphone hears. Cardioid capsules will focus each microphone’s attention directly to where it is pointed, reducing the overall sound of a room in a recording. Omnidirectional capsules allow the sound of a room or other off-axis instrumentation to be captured in a more open, natural or authentic way.
ONBOARD SOUND SHAPING
Immediate analog sound-shaping comes courtesy of the LA-120’s two onboard filters. This allows you to shape sounds at the source, removing the need to change microphones to get the sound you want. Add warmth and weight to anemic percussion or remove harshness and boominess from an acoustic guitar at the flip of a switch.
The LA-120 signal path is hand-populated with high resolution, low distortion polypropylene capacitors and resistors, and a US made JFET for dynamic, articulate, and uncolored performance.
DESIGNED & TESTED IN SILICON VALLEY, CA
Each LA-220 is lovingly designed and crafted to last a lifetime by the Lauten Audio family.
IN THE BOX
• Wooden Case
• 2x LA-120 (Cardioid Capsules)
• 2x OMNI Capsules
• 2x Stand Mounts
• 2x Filters
IDEAL FOR USE ON
• Drum Overheads
• Acoustic Guitar
• Stringed Instruments
- Type: Transformerless condenser
- Capsule: 17mm pressure gradient
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid & Omnidirectional
- Freq. Response: 20Hz-20KHz
- Dynamic Range: 120dB minimum
- Max. SPL: 0.5%THD@1000Hz: 130dB
- Impedance: <200 ohms
- Self-noise level: < 15dB-A
- Sensitivity: 10mV/Pa -40dB (0dB=1V/Pa 1KHz)
- Connector: 3-pin XLR
- Power: Requires 48v Phantom Power
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.