Boss GT-001 Desktop Guitar Effects Processor
The GT-001 from BOSS is an advanced guitar effects processor in a stylish desktop format. The GT-001 is based on the flagship GT-100 Version 2.0 processor and offers powerful sound creation possibilities with dual amps, and effects chains with flexible routing options. The processor also features a guitar-to-MIDI function that allows for the connection to Guitar Friend Jam and other computer programs from a normal guitar input without the need for a special pickup.
The GT-001 can operate as a multi-channel USB audio/MIDI interface for flexible recording and re-amping, while the free BOSS Tone Studio editor/librarian gives you access to hundreds of custom patches online. The XLR input is designed for microphones with specially made patches for vocals and acoustic guitars.
Pro-Level Sound for Recording and Jamming
- Under the hood of the GT-001’s stylish, streamlined body is a full-featured BOSS multi-effects processor with premium tone. Its COSM amps and effects are equivalent to the GT-100 with Version 2.0 software—BOSS’ top-of-the-line processor for stage performers—and patch data can be shared between the two units. Dual effects chains allow you to create sophisticated tones with two amps and series/parallel effects routings, providing pro-level performance for all your music productions. Advanced parameters include a channel divide function that lets you switch effects chains manually or according to frequency or playing dynamics, and adjustable left/right mixing for flexible audio capture in your DAW
A Powerful Tool for DAW Music Production
- Via a single USB cable, the GT-001 functions as a high-quality audio interface for your Mac or Windows computer. It’s easy to capture great amp and effects tones directly into your DAW, and four audio channels provide lots of flexibility for recording, re-amping, and mixing. For example, you can listen to the GT-001’s amps and effects while capturing an unprocessed signal in your DAW, simultaneously record processed and dry tones on separate tracks, and listen to your mix while re-amping and adjusting guitar tones through the GT-001. In addition, the ability to power the GT-001 with either the included AC adapter or a computer’s USB bus offers great convenience for home setups, studio sessions, and mobile recording with a laptop PC
XLR Mic Input and Patches Designed for Vocals and Acoustic Guitars
- The GT-001 is not just a guitar processor—you can also connect a mic to capture vocal and acoustic instrument performances into your DAW. The XLR mic input is equipped with phantom power, allowing you to use a condenser mic for top recording quality. Specially designed patches for vocals and acoustic guitars are included, providing great sound for monitoring and tracking. The GT-001 also has a stereo aux input, perfect for connecting a smart phone or drum machine for jamming when you’re not connected to your computer
Enjoy Computer-Based MIDI Instruments from Your Normal Guitar
- The GT-001 includes a monophonic guitar-to-MIDI function that allows you to play soft synths and other MIDI instruments in your computer from your normal axe, with no special pickup required. Powered by newly developed BOSS technology, this cool and convenient function is great fun when working with Roland’s free Guitar Friend Jam software, and also lets you experiment with using your guitar to create MIDI sequences in music production software
Edit and Organize Sounds with BOSS TONE STUDIO
- Available as a free download for Mac or Windows, BOSS TONE STUDIO gives you an intuitive graphical interface for creating and editing GT-001 effects patches from your computer via USB. The software also makes it easy to organize and archive patches, and to load them as needed for different songs and styles. If your computer has Internet access, BOSS TONE STUDIO provides an integrated connection to the BOSS TONE CENTRAL website, where you can preview and download free patches created by top guitar pros directly into the GT-001. These premium patches also work with the GT-100 Version 2.0, and can be easily customized with the editing tools available in BOSS TONE STUDIO