Boss Katana-100/212 MkII 100W 2x12 Combo Amplifier for Electric Guitar
Providing gig-ready rock tones while minimizing your reliance on a pedalboard, the Katana-100/212 MkII Combo Amplifier from BOSS provides 100W of power and features two custom-designed 12" speakers, making it quite suitable for large venues. It also packs in more features, tones, and effects than its predecessor.
As with the first version of this amp, five different voices are available. However, a Variation switch has been added, giving you one tonal variation on each voicing. This means you now have ten distinct tones, where before you had five. Also, you can now select among five different onboard effects, with three variations each. Modulation, Booster, FX, Delay, and Reverb knobs help you make your pedalboard a thing of the past. Simply save your desired preset into one of eight onboard preset slots, and select among them, loading them into four discrete channels.
Turn your attention to the rear of the amplifier head, and you'll notice quite a few connective possibilities, such as a headphones/recording output that provides the ability to direct your sound to headphones and recording devices with a minimal amount of maneuvering. Additionally, a line-out jack allows you to route line-level signal to mixers and PAs. This line output can be switched into stereo to link two 100W Katana amps together, making for a true stereo effects rig.
An effects loop affords you the opportunity to use outboard gear, and an auxiliary input jack lets you play audio from compatible players through the amplifier. Should you wish to use this amplifier as a speaker handle your stompbox modeling unit, the amp provides an input for this exact purpose. You'll also find a switch on the rear of this unit which cycles among different cabinet resonances. Choose a Vintage, Modern or Deep setting, right from the amp itself.
For external control, there are two different footswitch inputs: one for channel selection/expression pedals and one specifically tailored to the all-encompassing GA-FC foot controller.
New to the MkII
- A Variation button gives you a tonal variation for each amp voicing, doubling your tonal palette from five distinct tones to ten
- New concentric and stacked knobs now give you the ability to run five effects at one time (Booster, Mod, Delay, FX, and Reverb)
- A powered cabinet input lets you turn the amp into a powered speaker delivery system for multi-effects and modeler devices
- On the rear of the amp, a new Stereo Expand switch converts the line output into a stereo output, for connecting two Katana's in full stereo with effects
- 3-way selectable cab resonance switch to adjust the resonance among vintage, modern, and deep settings
Key Features at a Glance
- Stage-ready 100W combo amp with a 2x12", custom-built cabinet
- Tube Logic design approach produces power, authoritative punch, and cutting presence
- 5 distinct amp characters (Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown, and Acoustic), plus newly voiced variations for each
- 5 independent effects sections (Booster, Mod, FX, Delay, and Reverb), with 3 selectable variations in each
- Dedicated Pedal FX for foot-controlled wah and pedal bend
- Updated BOSS Tone Studio software for customizing your sound with over 60 different BOSS effects, channel and global EQs, adjustable routing, and much more
- Power Amp In for preamps, modelers, and multi-effects
- Stereo Expand out to link with a second Katana MkII (100W models only)
- Eight Tone Setting memories for storing and recalling all amp and effect settings
- Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and response at low volumes
- 3 Cab Resonance options (Vintage, Modern, and Deep), selectable from the panel or BOSS Tone Studio
- Miked cabinet emulation on the line, USB, and phones/recording outputs, with three Air Feel settings available in BOSS Tone Studio
- Optional GA-FC foot controller provides complete amp control, including Tone Setting selection, effects on/off, expression pedal control, and more
- Connections for up to two footswitches or an expression pedal
- Effect loop with selectable series/parallel operation and adjustable level in BOSS Tone Studio
- Pro setups available at BOSS Tone Central