Boss Katana-50 MkII 50W 1x12 Combo Amplifier for Electric Guitar
The Katana-50 MkII Combo Amplifier from BOSS is designed to provide you with gig-ready rock tones while minimizing your reliance on a pedalboard, packing more features, tones, and effects than its predecessor. The amp offers 50W into a 1x12" speaker cabinet, making it suitable for use in small venues and practicing at home.
As with the first version of this amp, five different voices are available. However, a Variation switch has been added, giving you one tonal variation on each voicing. This means you now have ten distinct tones, where before you had five. Also, you can now select among five different onboard effects, with three variations each. Modulation, Booster, FX, Delay, and Reverb knobs help you make your pedalboard a thing of the past.
If you happen to love your particular stompbox amp modeler, you can use this combo amp for its cabinet, plugging your rig into the new Power Cabinet input. This connection point lets you employ the cabinet as a delivery system for your multi-effects rig and amp-modeler stompbox.
Turn your attention to the rear of the amplifier chassis, and you'll notice a headphones/recording output, giving you the ability to direct your sound to headphones and recording devices with a minimal amount of maneuvering. A new Stereo Expand Switch turns your lineout to a stereo out, so you can connect two Katanas in full stereo, with stereo effects, if need be.
An auxiliary input jack lets you play audio from compatible players through the amplifier. A footswitch input allows you to select between the channels or to implement an expression pedal without turning your back on the audience.
New to the MkII
- A Variation button gives you a tonal variation for each amp voicing, doubling your tonal palette from five distinct tones to ten
- New concentric and stacked knobs now give you the ability to run five effects at one time (Booser, Mod, Delay, FX, Reverb)
- A powered cabinet input lets you turn the amp into a powered speaker delivery system for multi-effects and modeler devices
- On the rear of the amp, a new Stereo Expand switch converts the line output into a stereo output, for connecting two Katana's in full stereo with effects
- Stage-ready 50W combo amp with a custom 12" speaker
- Tube Logic design approach produces power, authoritative punch, and cutting presence
- Five amp characters (Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown, and Acoustic), plus newly voiced variations for each
- Five independent effects sections (Booster, Mod, FX, Delay, and Reverb), with three selectable variations in each
- Dedicated Pedal FX for foot-controlled wah and pedal bend
- Updated BOSS Tone Studio software for customizing your sound with over 60 different BOSS effects, channel and global EQs, adjustable routing, and much more
- Power Amp In for preamps, modelers, and multi-effects
- Four Tone Setting memories for storing and recalling all amp and effect settings
- Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and response at low volumes
- Miked cabinet emulation on the USB and phones/recording outputs, with three Air Feel settings available in BOSS Tone Studio
- Rear-panel connections for up to two footswitches or an expression pedal.
- Pro setups available at BOSS Tone Central