Boss Katana-Artist Guitar Amplifier and Foot Controller Kit
The Scitscat Music Katana-Artist Guitar Amplifier and Foot Controller Kit is a solid-state combo amp and six-button foot controller designed to provide expressive and versatile tones with easy foot controls for guitarists on stage, at rehearsal, and in the studio. It includes the Katana-Artist 12" 100W guitar amp, a Roland GA-FC GA foot controller, and a 1/4" instrument cable.
The amp boasts 61 customizable BOSS effects, five custom-tuned amp characters, and eight Tone Setting memories, which allow instant recall of channel and effects configurations. Utilize the aux input, effects loop, line output, and headphone output to incorporate external gear. Switch channels, boost, reverb, and more with the included foot controller, or control the Katana-Artist via MIDI.
Boss KATANA-Artist Amplifier
Designed for discerning guitar players, the BOSS Katana Artist is a 100W combo amp with a custom-built 12” semi-closed cabinet. It’s suitable for rock, jazz, country, and more. The amp’s onboard controls are relatively straightforward, with a three-knob tone stack and simple one-knob controls over a variety of effects. These effects can be loaded into your amplifier through a corresponding app for iOS and Android devices; this app, which gives you full control over the amplifier—as well as access to a bevy of choruses, delays, reverbs, pitch shifters, ring mods and more—can also organize your favorite amp setups and load them into the amplifier’s eight effects slots.
Once you’ve set up a chain, you can experience your tone through the Katana Artist's analog class-AB power amp and premium Waza speaker. Furthermore, a Cabinet Resonance controls gives you the means to achieve a high-octane sound at lower levels.
Turn your attention to the rear of the amplifier and you'll notice a bevy of connections, including a phones/recording output, a line output, an effects-loop section, and an auxiliary input. Two footswitch inputs are on hand, as are two extension speaker outputs rated at 16 Ohms. MIDI control is made available by means of a 5-pin DIN jack, and a USB facilitates the transfer of setups from a corresponding iOS/Android app straight to the amplifier.
Key Features at a Glance
- 100W combo amp
- Tube Logic design
- Robust analog class-AB power-amp section delivers highly musical response
- Custom Waza 12” speaker
- Semi-closed cabinet back for tight, focused tone with rich low end
- 5 amp characters, custom-tuned for optimum performance with the Katana-Artist’s cabinet and Waza speaker
- Choose from 61 customizable BOSS effects and many effect-routing configurations with BOSS Tone Studio editor software
- 8 Tone Setting memories for storing and recalling all amp/effect settings
- Assign parameters to the front-panel effects knobs
- Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and dynamic response at low volumes
- Dedicated panel controls for Cabinet Resonance and Line Out Air Feel functions
- Effects loop with position, gain, and series/parallel operation configurable via BOSS Tone Studio
- USB jack provides mix-ready tones with effects intact
- Support for external control with optional footswitches (GA-FC, FS series) and MIDI
- Stage-ready patches for all music styles available at BOSS Tone Central