Boss Katana-Artist MkII 100W 1x12 Combo Amplifier for Electric Guitar
The premier model in the Katana lineup, the Boss Katana-Artist MkII Combo Amplifier is designed to provide guitarists with gig-ready rock tones while minimizing reliance on a pedalboard. Packing more features, tones, and effects than its predecessor, the amp offers 100W into a 1x12" speaker cabinet, making it suitable for use in midsized venues and practicing at home.
As with the first version of this amp, five different amp characters are available but now with variations—providing 10 different tone options to choose from. Also, you can now select among five different onboard effects (Modulation, Booster, FX, Delay, and Reverb) with three variations each, giving you the sound-shaping power of a massive pedalboard right inside your amp.
Other sound-shaping options include a three-way Contour switch, Global EQ with three customizable curves, and a Solo boost with adjustable level. If you happen to love your particular stompbox amp modeler, you can use this combo amp for its cabinet only, plugging your rig into the new Power Amp input. This connection point lets you employ the cabinet as a delivery system for your multi-effects rig and amp-modeler stompbox.
Turn your attention to the rear of the amplifier chassis, and you'll notice a headphones/recording output, giving you the ability to direct your sound to headphones and recording devices with a minimal amount of maneuvering. A new Stereo Expand switch allows you to link and control two Katana-Artist MkIIs for massive, ultrawide tones.
An auxiliary input jack lets you play audio from compatible players through the amplifier. A footswitch input allows you to select between the channels or to implement an expression pedal without turning your back on the audience.
Classic Tones with Modern Features
- The 12" Boss Waza speaker is designed to deliver the wide dynamic response, smooth midrange, and rich harmonic overtones of a classic 25W British stack speaker from the 1960s with increased power handling.
- Backed by BOSS's Tube Logic technology, the Katana-Artist MkII delivers the authentic output distortion characteristics of genuine tube amplifiers, with the sound and feel becoming richer and more responsive as you turn up the volume.
- The cabinet's wide baffle and semi-closed back provide focused, punchy tones with rich low-end and big midrange fullness.
- Every Katana-Artist MkII amp character has been specially voiced for optimum response with the speaker and cab.
Integrated Dual-Amp Support
- The Expand switch makes it simple to use two Katana-Artist MkIIs together.
- In Dual Link mode, you can configure each amp with independent settings and operate them from a single GA-FC foot controller (available separately), allowing you to blend clean and dirty tones, create wet/dry setups, and more.
- Stereo mode lets you use one amp as the master and the other as the slave, with onboard stereo-compatible effects like chorus, delay, and reverb distributed across both amps for a wide, immersive sound field.
One-Touch Recall of Custom Setups
- With onboard Tone Setting memories, you can store your favorite amp character and effects setups for instant recall.
- Eight Tone Settings (two banks of four) are available, with fast selection right from the panel.
- For hands-free operation on the gig, just connect external footswitches or the GA-FC foot controller (all available separately).
Go Direct to PA or DAW with Cabinet Emulation
- Line, USB, and phones/recording outputs feature mic'd cabinet emulation, letting you send mix-ready amp tones to a PA system, computer DAW, or headphones.
- The direct sound can be shaped with three different Air Feel settings, which are accessible from BOSS Tone Studio (available separately).
- Two-channel USB audio is supported, allowing you to track in true stereo with many of the Katana-Artist MkII's mod, EQ, delay, and reverb effects.
Other Notable Features
- Robust analog Class-AB power amp section.
- Rugged cabinet construction and semi-closed back for tight, focused tone, with rich low-end.
- Switchable Solo function with level control.
- Updated BOSS Tone Studio editor software for customizing sounds with over 60 BOSS effects. Editor features include pre and post EQs, dedicated Pedal FX, and more.
- Series/parallel effect loop, external speaker outputs, and power amp input for preamps, modelers, and multi-effects.
- Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and response at low volumes.
- External control support via optional GA-FC foot controller, footswitch, expression pedal, or MIDI.