Boss MD-200 Modulation Pedal for Electric Guitars
Intended for guitarists, the BOSS MD-200 is a digital modulation pedal that packs many of the MD-500's features and sounds into a smaller footprint. The pedal offers 12 different types of modulation, including multiple choruses and phasers, as well as a flanger, a tremolo, a vibrato, and more. You can control these effects with Rate, Depth, and Effect Level knobs. You'll also note three Parameter knobs, whose functions change depending on the effect you select.
The effects provided herein are achieved by means of a 96 kHz, 32-bit signal path to achieve a high-quality sound in every instance. The bypass path is buffered to preserve your tone, even across long cable runs. There are four memory slots provided to save combinations of parameters and recall them when you desire.
With a stereo input path, you can route your guitar to multiple amplifiers and engage in stereo effects. The pedal also functions in mono. A control/expression input allows you to continuously control parameters using a separately available expression pedal. It also works as a control input for external switches. You can route external effects into the pedal's insert path for pre- or post-modulation processing. MIDI connectivity is possible via two 3.5mm jacks for the input and output.
The pedal can be powered by three supplied AA batteries. Alternatively, you can purchase a separately available power supply.
Key Features at a Glance
- 32-bit AD/DA, 32-bit floating point processing, and 96 kHz sampling rate
- 12 versatile modes provide a wide range of modulation types
- Dedicated Rate, Depth, and Level controls
- 3 Parameter knobs change function depending on the mode selected.
- Insert Loop function for positioning external pedals before or after mod effects
- Real-time panel setting and four memories for storing favorite sounds
- Global setting optimizes flanger, phaser, and auto wah effects for guitar or bass
- Panel Lock function disables controls to prevent unwanted changes
- Customizable multifunction footswitches for tap tempo, memory selection, and more
- Support for expanded control via external footswitches, an expression pedal, or MIDI
- Full MIDI I/O provided with mini TRS jacks (BMIDI-5-35 adaptor cable available separately)
- USB Micro-B jack for firmware updates
- Runs on PSA-series AC adaptor or three AA-size batteries