Put 21 different reverb effects under your feet with the BOSS RV-500 pedal, intended primarily for electric guitar. Rooms, halls, plates, springs, it’s all here, alongside more esoteric processes, such as octavized shimmering, as well as the characterful Lo-Fi, Slowverb, and Storm. Classic Roland units have also been emulated, such as Space Echo (the RE-201), and SRV, based on the SRV-2000, a popular unit in the 1980s. The RV-500 provides its sound using 32-bit AD/DA conversion, 32-bit floating-point processing, and sampling rates of 96 kHz.
With a panoply of parameters in every effects type, you’ll be able to control your tone to an extensive and deep degree. In addition to dedicated panel knobs for pre-delay, effect level, and tone, you’ll also be able to perform extensive editing via the LCD screen and quadrumvirate of push-buttons. A tap tempo/control footswitch offers more in the way of on-the-fly manipulation. A and B footswitches not only provide bank selection tools—they also give you the ability to engage two reverb as once in a variety of modes (series, parallel, and parallel to different amps/destinations come to mind).
In terms of I/O, the RV-500 gives you a bevy of possibilities, what with its dual inputs for stereo instruments, dual outputs, expression/control jack, and MIDI I/O. All in all, you’ll find 297 built-in patch memories in the unit itself, though you can also interface via USB with Editor/Librarian software on your computer for remote editing, storing your custom patches, and more. This pedal runs on four AA batteries, or by means of a power adapter, available separately.
A/B Simul Mode and Independent DelayBy means of its DSP engine, the RV-500's Dual mode provides two independent reverbs at once; you can feed them both with a full-range input, or with divided frequency ranges on each input to build rich, multi-range sounds. And when you employ A/B Simul mode, you can use any two RV-500 reverb patches at the same time, with your choice of series or parallel connection order and mixed or split A/B output. What's more, each patch also includes a digital delay with a full set of parameters including modulation and EQ, plus the ability to set the reverb and delay effects for series or parallel operation on a per-patch basis.
Intensive Real-Time ControlThe RV-500 offers freely assignable switches and extensive real-time controls. By default, the A, B, and TAP/CTL switches offer control for patch/bank selection and bypass, plus tap tempo or real-time adjustment of one or more parameters. However, the switches can be customized to access three different mod patches, A/B Simul mode, and other functions. Via the rear-panel CTL 1,2/EXP jack, you can plug in up to two footswitches for further control, or an expression pedal to adjust wah, effect rate, and other parameters. MIDI I/O is also included, enabling further creative possibilities with advanced setups.
Key Features at a Glance
- Effects delivered with 32-bit AD/DA, 32-bit floating point processing, and 96 kHz sample rate
- 12 modes and 21 modulation types, all with extensive editing parameters
- Wide range of reverbs, including emulations of notable Roland units
- A/B Simul mode for using two patches at once, with your choice of series/parallel connection, mixed, or split A/B output
- Selectable carryover function allows reverb tails to continue with patch change or effect bypass
- DSP provides independent digital delay with modulation along with each reverb patch
- Graphic LCD and intensive real-time control options
- 297 onboard patch memories and hands-on controls
- Selectable buffered-bypass or true-bypass operation
- MIDI I/O for interfacing with MIDI control devices
- USB-MIDI for connecting to the MD-500 Editor/Librarian or a DAW
- Runs on four AA-size batteries or PSA-series AC adapter (available separately)
RV-500 Modes and Algorithms
- Room: Small, medium, large, and ambience
- Hall: 3 different hall sizes
- Plate: Classic studio-style reverberation
- Spring: Choose from one to three springs
- Shimmer: 2 voices of pitch-shifted reverb
- Fast Decay: Esoteric reverb with quick decay for increased clarity
- Early Reflection: 4 types with envelope parameters to shape sound in a quirky manner
- Non-Linear: Includes gate, reverse, and granular types
- SFX: 3 characterful reverb types for special effects called Lo-Fi, Slowverb, and Storm
- Dual: 2 independent reverbs that can accept a full-range or frequency-divided input
- SRV: Recreates the Roland SRV-2000, a classic rack reverb from the 1980s
- Space Echo: Recreates the Roland RE-201 Space Echo, a coveted tape-echo unit
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.