Give your kick sound the subsonic signature it’s always wanted with our Sub-Frequency Kick Drum Microphone...
Avantone Pro is back again with another classic from the past! Introducing Kick — a sub-frequency microphone that utilizes their famous reproduction “white cone” low-frequency driver. Kick brings the boom from your instruments out to the forefront, making large-sounding sources sound massive.
The Low Frequency driver is the AV10-MLF. It has a single continuous press formed cone to match that classic sound. This allows a much higher level of quality control and consistency during the manufacturing process.
The Kick utilizes a real wooden drum shell, and mounting it on a standard mic stand just won’t do. That’s why Avantone Pro included a stage-ready double braced drum stand. Whether you’re in the studio or on the road, the Kick is ready to deliver!
Yes, but Avantone recommends adding a kick drum mic such as the Avantone Mondo with it. A dynamic kick drum mic will also capture the “snap” of the kick drum mic. Combining both microphones will result in a massive and very detailed sound like no other!
The Kick can be used on many different sources! It excels at low-end capture for bass guitar, low-register strings, low-register brass, and bass percussion such as kick drum, floor toms, and timpani. Kick can capture plenty of sound on its own, but is usually best used in combination with other dynamic microphones.
Absolutely! Other “sub-frequency drum mics” have commonly been used on stage, and Kick is no exception! The Kick also ships with a double braced drum stand — perfect for the trials of the road.
Avantone recommends a proximity placement, but also suggests you experiment with other placements, including in front of the source. Here’s why: Kick’s versatility lies in it’s proximity effect. The placement and proximity of the Kick to the sound source will drastically change the characteristics of the sound that’s captured. When using the Kick on a new sound source, experimentation should always be done to find the different variation that suits the application best.
Most of the other sub-frequency microphones that are marketed to be similar to this on the marketplace are not built to the same quality or specification. Avantone’s Kick utilizes a reproduction of the original NS10 driver — no other product that’s ever been offered has managed to do the same. Kick also ships with a heavy-duty stand, unlike similar competition on the marketplace. Kick is simply the best of it’s kind in any class, and is still very affordable!
- Delivers strong bass reproduction
- Proven studio secret that was popularized for use in studio and on stage
- The larger transducer allows lower frequencies to be captured more accurately than a standard large diaphragm condenser mic.
- AV10-MLF driver
- Uses the same white cone woofer as the Avantone CLA-10 and CLA-10A studio monitors
- Real Wood drum shell!!
- Ships with a stage-ready, heavy-duty drum stand
- Great addition to a standard kick mic to add more low frequencies to a mix
- Can also be used on bass cabinets and other low frequency instruments
- Type: Moving Coil Dynamic
- Frequency Response: 50Hz-2,000Hz
- Output Impedance: 6.3 Ω
- Pattern: Figure 8
- Element: AV10-MLF 18cm cone
- Connector: Male XLR
- Shell: Birch Ply
- Drum head: Mesh 10”
- Size: 11.375” W; 11.375” H; 5.5” D (without stand)
- Weight: 3.1kg; 6.8Lbs (without stand) / 4.6kg;10.1 lbs (with stand)
Welcome to ScitScat Music!
Scitscat's aim is to please and have been doing just that since 1994, over 100,000 Internet and store transactions in that time.
Music is our love and we have GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) just like you. We buy studios, closeouts, and other gear in quantity and pass the savings on to you, our customers and friends.
We are musicians who write, record, produce, and play live just like you! We absolutely love music.
Our gear changes on an hourly basis and so will our website, so check back often as you won’t want to miss out on some unbelievable gear! I guarantee you that you will love doing business with us! You will get the respect that you deserve! You have Our word on that.
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.