Designed for acoustic guitars electronically abetted by onboard pickups, the Fishman Aura Spectrum DI Preamp doesn’t just carry your instrument’s sound to the house—it also provides a DSP engine which can impart the sonic characteristics of a studio-miked guitar to your DI sound, offering 24-bit AD/DA architecture and 32-bit internal signal processing for this purpose. Indeed, you can select among 128 preloaded images on the device itself, and always download more user instruments from Fishman’s online database and load them onto the pedal via USB. To blend these image sounds with your normal DI sound, simply twist the Blend knob to taste. In addition to stage uses, the Aura Spectrum can be used in the studio to restore a sense of miked tone to DI acoustic guitars.
In addition to this technology, the Aura Spectrum DI also gives you controls for input trim and output volume, as well as a three-band EQ section (switchable between your DI signal and global settings), a one-knob compressor, a built-in tuner, and a set of automatically adjusting anti-feedback notch filters to clean up unwanted resonances onstage.
Connections are made possible via a 1/4" input and 1/4" output jacks, and an XLR output—automatically ground-lifted when used with the 1/4" jack—takes balanced signal straight to the house, PA, mixer, or other apposite device. Should you wish to use an FX loop with this pedal, this desire can be achieved by means of a single TRS jack, which allows you to implement an FX loop in your chain. The unit accepts a 9V battery or can run off an optional power supply.
Key Features at a Glance
- Aura Acoustic Imaging technology
- 128 pre-loaded Images for restoring a miked sound to DI acoustic instruments
- Instrument preamp with balanced XLR DI output
- Volume, Blend, and Image Select controls
- 3-band EQ
- One-knob compressor
- Automatic anti-feedback with up to 3 notches
- Built-in chromatic tuner with bypass/mute
- 16 user-configurable Image locations via Select knob
- USB interface for image downloading from Aura Image Gallery (software included)
- Feedback-fighting Phase switch
- Automatic D.I. ground lift
Types of Acoustic Guitars Modeled Herein
- 12 string
- 16 rewriteable user images
Other Controls Explained
Select knob and slider: The select knob allows you to choose among the 16 images available for each of the eight different image banks. Move the select slider to choose a bank of images that best match the style of instrument you’re playing, then select through the 16 images to find the ones that sound best. Try all 16 within each bank and adjust the blend knob to obtain more or less character.
Blend: This knob allows you to blend your direct signal with your selected image. Position the blend knob straight-up at 12 o’clock and you’ll hear a 50/50 mix of image and your pickup’s sound. Turn the blend all the way right for just image, and all the way left for just pickup. Most performers blend in some pickup with the image for clarity and definition.
Compressor: The compressor control adjusts several settings within an automatic leveling circuit. As you turn this knob clockwise, your overall playing dynamics become increasingly limited, making softer notes louder and controlling loud spikes in your playing. This can be helpful in performances where you desire a more even level to your playing. At its maximum setting, there may be some overall increase in the output level.
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.