Styled in white, the Genelec 8340A is a single SAM-Series, 2-way active studio monitor designed to provide accurate mix referencing with software control capabilities for audio engineers, musicians, and producers in project studios, small-to-medium-sized control rooms, edit suites, or mobile setups. It features 300W of Class-D amplification driving a 6.5” woofer and 3/4” tweeter, producing a frequency response of 38 Hz to 22 kHz.
A proprietary waveguide enhances imaging, while the bass reflex port extends the low-frequency response. The die-cast aluminum enclosure is shaped to minimize diffraction and reflections. XLR connectors are provided for the balanced analog input and AES/EBU digital input and output. Built-in signal overload protection enhances dependability and protects the speaker. Rear-panel room compensation controls include levels and high- and low-frequency adjustments. Detailed frequency adjustments and automatic calibration can be performed via GLM (Genelec Loudspeaker Manager) software and the GLM User Kit (available separately). A selectable power-saving mode enables automatic power up/down via a signal-sensing circuit.
The 8340A offers multiple mounting options including an Iso-Pod isolation stand and threaded holes that are compatible with select K&M mounts and various wall/ceiling brackets.
- 6.5" woofer and 3/4" tweeter
- 150W LF amp and 150W HF amp
- 38 Hz to 23 kHz frequency response (-6 dB), 45 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response (±1.5 dB)
- Proprietary waveguide utilizes DCW (Directivity Control Waveguide) technology for improved imaging and a wider listening area
- Bass reflex port provides extended low-frequency response
- Rear-panel room compensation controls including high- and low-frequency adjustments
- Supports automatic calibration via software control
- Low-diffraction aluminum enclosure utilizes MDE (Minimum Diffraction Enclosure) technology
- XLR connections for balanced analog input and digital AES/EBU input and output
- ISS (Intelligent Signal Sensing) automatic power-saving mode
- Multiple mounting options: Iso-Pod and threaded holes that are compatible with select K&M mounts and various wall/ceiling brackets
- Includes Iso-Pod isolation stand for vibration decoupling
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.