The class-AB circuit used in the EQ-81 is similar to the eq section in the classical 1081 module, without the high and low pass filters. The sound character is warm, punchy, sweet and musical. These classic characteristics have been heard on countless recordings through the years and it is a versatile sound that works very well on most sound sources and in most genres. The essence of this sound is now available at a surprisingly low cost, making it available to nearly everyone.
The EQ-81 has stepped frequency controls that offers a wide selection of frequencies from 33 Hz to 15 kHz. The BASS and TREBLE frequency bands are switchable between shelving and bell and the MID frequency bands is of the bell type with a switchable Hi Q setting. The control range is +/- 18dB. All four bands can be set in an off mode.
The EQ-81 MKII can be used either as a standalone EQ or connected to the insert jack of one of the Golden Age Project preamps. Combining one of our PRE-73 preamp´s and an EQ-81 MKII and using a UNITE rack kit to mount them together, one will get a 19-inch 1081-style unit at a low cost and with a great sound!
- Vintage Style electronics. No integrated circuits in the signal path when the Insert connector is used
- 4-band with inductor based mid frequency bands
- Stepped frequency selection
- A wide selection of frequencies from 33 Hz to 15 kHz
- Control range up to +/- 18 dB
- Each band has an off mode
- Tantalum capacitors in the EQ signal path
- Can be used together with one of our preamp´s with an insert jack or as a standalone unit
- TRS jack for the INSERT mode in and output connection, the nominal working level is around -18 dBu
- IC-based in and output stage for the LINE IN mode with balanced TRS and XLR connectors
- Selectable ground lift jumper
- External power supply to avoid interaction with the audio circuits
- Great sound that suits most sound sources and genres
- A solid build quality that will last many years of normal use
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.