Studio engineers requiring powerful, accurate monitoring will be dazzled by the single, black HEDD Audio Type 05 MK2, a compact, precision, nearfield studio monitor well suited for mobile broadcast stations, recording and home studios, multichannel setups, and VoIP conferences.
The Type 05 MK2 adds several enhancements including the on-board Lineariser, a phase linearization tool that audibly improved spatial reproduction, as well as port plugs that allow the monitor to go from a bass reflex design to a sealed infinite baffle. The rear panel features a Closed or Ported selection knob, a Low Frequency Extension control, and a Desktop Filter control to dial in your best sound. The 2-way design combines a 5" honeycomb composite woofer and a HEDD Air Motion Transformer (HEDD AMT) tweeter to provide an accurate frequency response of 44 Hz to 40 kHz with a maximum SPL of 112 dB (with two speakers a 1m.)
The sturdy unibody casing features an updated lacquer finish for higher durability and better looks. The enclosure ensures that the cabinet remains stable and provides effortless audio, even at full power. The ICE power amplifier offers 100W per driver and is universally powered for compatibility anywhere in the world. The rear panel also features a balanced XLR Input and a digital AES Input and Through, as well as a gain trim and high/low shelf potentiometers.
Onboard Lineariser and Aesthetics
- Implemented in the MK2 and subwoofer models is the well-known Lineariser, a phase linearization tool that leads to perfect impulse response and an audibly improved spatial reproduction
- The MK2 Monitors have a new and improved lacquer for higher durability and better looks
- Users for the first time can choose between the energy and bass capacities of a modern bass-port design, and the painstaking precision and control of a closed cabinet approach
- Removable plugs for the bass reflex tubes, together with complimentarily designed filter setups allow optimum results in either mode
Linear Sub-Satellite System
- HEDD Audio introduces a completely phase linear Sat-Sub system. These are the first Satellite Sub systems that are completely right in time by combining a phase-linearized subwoofer (separately sold) with a correspondingly time delayed (group delayed) satellite output
- Additionally, the listener can compensate eventual distances between subwoofers and satellites to stay with linear phase reproduction for the complete system
- Woofer (Honeycomb Diaphragm): 5"
- Tweeter: HEDD AMT
- Input 1: Balanced XLR Analog / Impedance: 22 Kilohms
- Input 2: Digital XLR AES
- Output: Digital XLR AES Through
- Shelve Filters High/Low: ± 4 dB (0.5 dB steps)
- LF Range (-3 dB): Normal/Extended/Satellite (45, 38, 80 Hz)
- Desk Filter: Small/Medium /Large (180 Hz -1, -2, -4 dB)
- Frequency Response: 45 Hz to 40 kHz (-3 dB)
- Maximum Sound Pressure Level: 112 dB SP