The IGS Audio Tubecore 3U is a fully symmetric transformer balanced stereo mastering compressor. The structure is based on the typical vari-mu solution. Apart from the classic INPUT, THRESHOLD and OUTPUT controls it introduces switchable high pass filter in the sidechain, parallel compression (MIX knob), independent ATTACK and RELEASE switches and user replaceable tubes accessible from the back of the unit.
The Tubecore was designed as a studio mastering compressor. It is built using the 3U enclosure, which improves front panel clarity and makes it easier to replace tubes located at the back. The compressor allows you to work either in dual mono or mid/side mode (M/S). The Mode switch has two bypass positions – they both do the same, but IGS has added the second one for your comfort and quick A/B comparing.
The design of the Tubecore 3U is based on the ease of tube replacement. As a user, you can choose between a few types: 6N1P-EW – standard set of tubes, “standard” IGS compression, 6BC8/6BZ8 – tight, transparent, punchy compression, 6386 – legendary compression, by famous twin triode, 5670 – deep and dark tube compression. The User Manual describes in detail how to replace tubes, so it is quick and straightforward.
Every single Tubecore 3U is hand made with high quality, matched components (1% metal film resistors, Wima caps). It is equipped with 6N1P-EW NOS tubes and individually calibrated to give you the unique and unspoiled experience of one of the best vari-mu compressors in history. It is equipped with Carnhill and Sowter audio transformers.
- Vari-mu Compressor
- All stepped manipulators: 24 pole Elma switches
- Sidechain HPF: 120Hz, 60Hz, Off
- WET/DRY mixer: 0 - 100%, 4 dB step
- MID/SIDE processing: OpAmp M-S encode/decode
- Input Impedance (balanced): XLR, 600 Ohm, Carnhill balanced
- Output Impedance (balanced): XLR, 600 Ohm, Sowter balanced
- Operating level: +4dBu
- Max input level: +22 dBu
- Max output level: +22 dBu
- Dynamic Range: >107 dBA (@ 1kHz, +24 dBu)
- Max gain: +35dB
- Max gain reduction: 20 dB
- Attack: 0.1 - 30ms
- Release: 0.1 - 4s
- Frequency response : 20Hz to 20kHz; +/- 0.2dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 87 dBA
- THD: 0.12 %
- THD+N: 0.15 %
- IMD (SMPTE): 0.32%
- Crosstalk: 82 dB
- Voltage: 115/230V AC, 50-60Hz
- Power consumption: 44W
- Power supply: external
- Tube set: 6N1P-EW, 6BC8, 5670, 6386
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.