Available for download, Exponential Audio R4 from iZotope is an algorithmic reverb that provides a colorful sound, one suitable for music production and mixing. This reverb traces its lineage back to the classic Lexicon units of earlier ages, and you can hear that heritage in the reverb's sound.
You'll also note the tweakable interface, with many different parameters in the Early Reflection, Reverb Attack, and Reverb Tail tabs. Use these sections to tailor the reverb perfectly for any given situation.
A Chorus section adds modulation, and you can separately dictate how the modulation effects the tails or early reflections on an individual bases. A Warp tab offers compression, overdrive, bit-reduction, and more. Use the Gate tab to create classic, gated reverb sounds, or automate the Freeze button to achieve momentary experimental sounds.
Whether you're looking for halls, chambers, rooms, or plates, R4 has an algorithm for you. Browse through them all by keyword, or click the magnifying glass in the top right of the GUI to enter terms for the search. Over 1200 presets are provided in total.
This product is compatible with Mac and Windows platforms. It operates in AU, VST, and AAX formats. An iLok account is required for authorizing the plug-in, though an iLok key is not strictly necessary.
Key Features at a Glance
- Lush stereo reverb algorithm
- Warp controls with compression and overdrive
- Create ambient drones and textures with Freeze
- Tweakable Chorus tab for musical effects
- Use Gate to duck reverb and create space in a mix
- Predelay and reverb delay adjustable by tempo
- Dynamic tail suppression to lower reverb in louder parts of mix
- Clear, informative frequency display and responsive UI
- Over 1200 presets (rooms, plates, halls, chambers, and more)
- EuControl support