PLEASE NOTE: This product is an educational discounted version available to qualified students, faculty/staff, and accredited academic institutions only. Proof of current educational status is required.
RX Loudness Control from iZotope is a post production plug-in that avoids the problems associated with rejected audio material due to non-compliance with broadcast loudness specifications. Based around faster-than-real-time intelligent algorithms, the software delivers compliant audio from multiple hosts according to global standards.
For many mixes, dynamics are not affected because only a fixed gain is required to meet specifications. In the case of a mix having high dynamic content or significant transients, compression and/or limiting may be applied to meet Short-term (Momentary) or True Peak parts of the specification. Surround sound up to 5.1 is supported and the software will also preserve the Left total/Right total (LtRt) encoding on a Dolby-encoded mix.
- Ensures mixes meet the required delivery specifications with intelligent algorithms that take out the guesswork
- Deliver results globally using the latest loudness standards
- Extensive presets and efficient workflow that saves time on the final stage of TV production
- History graph and loudness report inform whether audio is within the appropriate tolerance of the selected loudness standard, and if not, shows where the overflows may be occurring
- Supports mono, stereo, and surround channel counts up to 5.1
- IRC (Intelligent Release Control) II transparent limiting algorithm, an offline process that corrects a mono, stereo, or surround sound audio file for True Peak value (dBTP)
- Supports offline processing as an AudioSuite plug-in for Avid Media Composer and Pro Tools 10 through 12
- Offline loudness-compliant processing is available as an audio extension for Adobe Premiere Pro
Global Loudness Standards
- BS.1770-1 (Global)
- BS.1770-2-3 (Global)
- EBU R128 (Europe)
- EBU R128 s1 (Europe)
- AGCOM 219/09/CSP (Italy)
- ATSC A/85 (U.S.)
- OP-59 (Australia)
- ARIB TR-B32 (Japan)