The BBP64 64-Channel BlackBox Player with Dante Interface from JoeCo provides an innovative solution for live performance playback in a compact 1U rack-mounted frame. Specifically designed to replay backing tracks or multiple surround stems for live shows and themed entertainment, it can replay up to 64 channels of high-quality audio at up to 24-bit at 96 kHz. The player can be triggered using timecode, a footswitch or QWERTY keyboard, or it can be controlled via MIDI commands, giving a live engineer, installation sound designer, musical director, or artist full control of the show at all times.
This player accepts playback material from almost any Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) that creates files in Broadcast WAV format. In addition to standard mono BWAV files, the player also supports the replay of polyphonic .wav files from multiple stereo files up to 64 channels. This flexible system allows mono, stereo, and multichannel files to be used together in the same song. It allows set lists to be configured into simple XML format playlist files that allow you to cue songs for instantaneous replay; multiple playlists can be stored ready for any quick changes or alternative show formats. A simple naming procedure ensures that the correct file is replayed through each output. The audio files can be stored on an external USB2 hard drive or flash drive (sold separately).
Separate foldback mixes can be configured using normal facilities on the console, and an additional mix can be sent via the headphone output. For playback applications requiring timecode synchronization, the BlackBox Player can be configured to an incoming source of digital clock, or optionally word clock. The implementation of Chase mode enables the unit to commence playback in sync when it receives incoming timecode. This option can either be controlled from the front panel or via extended SONY 9-pin support. The extended 9-pin commands also allow you to rehearse shows that are normally locked to timecode via remote control and are compatible with most edit suites and show controllers. Timecode can be shown on the main time display in playback mode.
The BlackBox Player features an integrated automated fail-over mechanism that enables it to automatically switch to a synchronous secondary system (sold separately) using its internal analog relays in the event of a failure.
- Synchronous multi-channel playback in up to 24-bit / 96 kHz quality without the use of a computer
- Files for playback can be loaded from any digital audio workstation capable of creating valid WAV/BWAV files, or recorded directly
- Audio can be stored on USB2 hard drive or fast flash drive
- Simple naming convention ensures that the correct file is replayed through each output
- Output via Dante interface
- Set lists configured as simple XML format playlist files
- Remote control via QWERTY keyboard, footswitch, MIDI, SONY 9-pin and JoeCoRemote for iPad (sold separately)
- Synchronous playback to SMPTE timecode (LTC and MTC)
- Multiple playlists can be stored for quick changes or alternative show formats
- Separate foldback mixes can be configured via the console and an additional mix can be sent via the headphone output (e.g., for the musical director)
- Can be configured to accept an incoming source of digital clock
- Built-in safety features including automated fail-over for balanced player pairs
- Solo artists and vocal groups using pre-recorded backing tracks
- Bands requiring additional backing tracks (strings, horns, etc.)
- Themed Entertainment: Theatres, theme parks, and cruise ships
- Permanent installations that require reliable playback, such as museums, galleries, and houses of worship
- Broadcast applications for timed multi-language or multi-station play-out
- Playback applications that require timecode synchronization
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.