Play at being a boutique pedal builder with the Korg Nu:Tekt OD-S Nutube DIY Over Drive Pedal Kit. Easy to assemble, with no soldering required, the OD-S features Korg's Nutube analog triode vacuum tube, which delivers the performance and rich harmonic characteristics of conventional vacuum tubes but in a more compact, stable, and energy-efficient manner.
The Nu:Tekt OD-S is equipped with two gain knobs: one to adjust the input level to the Nutube and the other to set the anode load of the Nutube amplification circuit, enabling you to dial the right amount of harmonics and distortion for your sound. You can also choose between two different overdrive types, and there's a True Bypass option—making the pedal ideal for live performances.
The modification-friendly design features discrete components that can be interchanged, enabling you to create your own unique pedal. The unit runs up to 10 hours on a 9V battery and can also be powered via the KA-181 9 VDC adapter (both available separately).
Creative Sonic Possibilities
- The Tube Gain knob allows you to easily change the distortion waveform.
- Use the internal Wide dip switch to switch between full-range overdrive with a deep low-end and sparkling high-end and a midrange overdrive sound with the low- and high-end frequencies cut off by just the right amount for plenty of bite.
- When using the OD-S along with a guitar amp distortion, turn the Wide switch Off for a more cutting sound.
- Flipping the slide switch on the main circuit board to Double gives you a two-series circuit, adding gain and volume.
- Adjust the trimmer potentiometer on the main circuit board to change the maximum output volume.
- The sound quality changes depending on the bias-voltage settings.
Modification-Friendly Design for Your Own Unique Effect
- If you are an advanced user and you want to customize your tone further, the modification-friendly layout allows you to change out discrete components and create your own unique pedal to match your desired tone and performance.
- The operational amplifier uses an IC socket and can be easily replaced.
- To help you in your customization quest, you can download free circuit diagrams readily available in the Download section of the Korg web site.
Authentic Tube Sound
- Nutube is the company's fully analog triode vacuum tube constructed with an anode, grid, and filament. It operates as a complete triode tube, effectively generating the same performance response and rich harmonic characteristics of conventional vacuum tubes.
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.