The 8-voice Korg Prologue is the flagship polyphonic analog synthesizer that builds upon the success of the Minilogue and Monologue synthesizers, combining multi-voice, multi-timbre, and Multi-Engine technology to create a professional-quality instrument that's capable of satiating the most advanced user, but with an interface that a novice will find inviting.
The synthesizer's architecture uses two VCOs Multi-Engine (VCO3), a 12 db/per octave filter, two envelopes, a VCA, and an LFO. The Multi-Engine is equipped with three sound generation devices including a noise generator, a variable phase modulation (VMP/FM) generator, and a user oscillator, which allows you to load your own oscillator programs via a free and soon-to-be-released editor/librarian. The two-pole, low-pass filter with enhanced sharpness adds drive with powerful distortion, as well as a low-cut (high-pass) switch. Its sound covers almost every sonic possibility: fat basses, powerful leads, and the lush pads that you expect from a polyphonic synthesizer.
Additional features include four voice modes, a powerful arpeggiator, and a 24-bit digital effects engine, which provides two effect slots (a modulation effect and delay/reverb). Choose between a wide variety of effects such as chorus or ensemble, warm tape delay, or diverse reverbs. The keyboard is a high-quality, Japanese-made, Natural Touch keyboard, providing the same professional-quality touch and feel as on KORG’s high-end workstations. The instrument's enclosure is constructed from a black aluminum front panel with oak wood sides, and high-quality metal knobs. The Korg prologue ships with an IEC power cord.
- 8-voice analog synthesizer circuit
- 49-note, Japanese-made, high-quality, Natural Touch keyboard
- Multi-Engine Equipped with 3-Types: Noise, VPM, and user
- High-quality digital effects
- Open source software that can be customized by the user
- Bi-timbre support
- Voice modes that allow voices to be flexibly recombined
- Arpeggiator equipped with a variety of types and range settings
- Program Sort allows rapid access to 500 programs
- Oscilloscope function shows the waveform visually
- Tough and stylish body made of aluminum and wood
- Sync with another groove machine to enjoy jam sessions
- The Multi-Engine is provided as VCO3, adding digital waveforms and FM via three different sound engines, which can be combined with the analog VCOs to expand prologue’s sonic potential far beyond that of a traditional analog synthesizer
- Noise Generator: Four types of noise generators create percussive sounds or sound effects. Experience how digital filtering can produce direct changes in the color of the noise
- VPM Oscillator: The VPM (Variable Phase Modulation) / FM oscillator offers a metallic and sharp sound with complex overtones that could never be obtained by analog means. With 16 types of oscillator and the Shape knob, you’ll be intuitively guided through complex sound design
- User Oscillator: Load oscillator programs of your own creation. Sixteen slots are provided, and one type of morphing wavetable oscillator is built-in as a preset
- Four Voice Modes
- Poly: Operates as a poly synth with up to 8 voices. Turn the Voice Mode Depth knob to switch to Duo mode, in which the instrument operates in unison as a poly synth with up to 4 voices
- Mono: Operates as a mono synth with sub oscillator
- Unison: Operates as an all-unison mono synth
- Chord: Plays chords
- Digital Effects: High-quality digital effects feature 24-bit floating-point processing, and add a further polish to the sound of the prologue. With two effect units provided (a modulation effect and delay/reverb), you can choose from a wide variety such as chorus or ensemble, warm tape delay, or diverse reverbs. The user effect slots let you load effect programs of your own creation
- The program sort function lets you instantly change the sorting order of the 500 programs
- Eight Program Sort Methods
- Prog Num: Sort by program number
- Category: Sort by program category
- Alphabetical: Sort programs alphabetically
- Like: Sort by programs that you “liked”
- Frequent: Sort by how frequently you used the program
- Envelope: Sort by envelope shape
- Random: Sort randomly
- Live Set: Sort programs registered in a live set
- Eight Program Sort Methods
- The prologue is a two-timbre synthesizer that lets you play two different programs simultaneously. In addition to layer and split, you can use crossfade to smoothly transition between the main timbre and sub timbre
- The powerful arpeggiator opens a world of limitless inspiration. It provides a four-octave range, and six arpeggiator types. From phrases that could not be performed on a keyboard to sequence-like sound designs, the arpeggiator can play a versatile array of roles
- Rise Fall
- Poly Random
- Open source means that the prologue’s development is ongoing. It provides 16 user oscillator slots and 16 user effect slots, and you can use the "soon-to-be-released" dedicated librarian software to create your very own oscillators and effect programs, and load them into prologue
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.