The Korg Volca Drum is a digital percussion synthesizer that harnesses the power of physical modeling to create sounds and patterns unlike most other drum machines, making it well suited for musicians and producers working in the studio or performing live on stage. The machine utilizes dual-layer drum parts, comprehensive motion sequencing, and sequencer tricks to generate a variety of standard percussive sounds and eccentric drum styles.
The Volca Drum provides six parts, each with two layers, from which the user selects any one of 5 oscillator waveforms including sine, sawtooth, and HPF noise. Additionally, the user can select from three types of pitch modulators and amplifier envelope generators, each optimized for drum sounds. Edit layers separately or together while adding bit reduction, wave-folder depth, overdrive, and distortion. A waveguide resonator adds sympathetic resonances to the sound and provides two selected types including tube, which adds the resonance of a cylindrical object such as a drum body or a long pipe; or strings, which adds the metallic resonance of a string.
The onboard step-sequencer allows the user to manually input up to 16 steps per pattern, but also can be used for real-time recording. The pattern chaining function can chain up to 16 sequences to construct patterns with up to 256 steps. Use the motion sequence function to record knob movements during real-time recording and reproduce them during playback. There are a total of 69 different parameters that can be recorded and played back. Additional features and functions include Active Step, which replaces steps for each part; and Slice, which finely divides a step to allow drum-rolls; an Accent function that can be specified in 16 levels; and a convenient Choke function for specific grouping of parts.
The Volca Drum can be synchronized with other Volcas and Electribes via the trigger I/O. Additionally, the machine features a standard 5-pin DIN connector for connecting to other sequencers, allowing the unit to perform as a drum module. The Korg Volca Drum is powered by an optional power supply or via the included six AA batteries.
- Digital synthesis engine
- 6-note polyphony
- 6 parts
- 2 oscillators
- 1 pitch modulator
- 1 amp EG
- 1 waveguide resonator
- Kits: 16
- Settings for 6 parts settings for waveguide resonator
- Factory kits 1-10
- Program: 16
- Sequence pattern
- Motion sequence
- Kit number
- Factory preset programs 1-10
- Number of parts: 6
- Number of steps: 16
- Number of recording patterns: 16
- Pattern-chaining function can chain up to 256 steps
- Motion Sequencer
- Record knob movements during real-time recording and reproduce them during playback
- Up to 69 parameters can be recorded and played back
- Additional Functions
- Active Step: replaces steps for each part
- Slice: Finely divides a step to allow drumrolls
- Accent: can be specified in 16 levels
- Choke: interplay for a specific group of parts (i.e. open/close hi-hat)
- Optional power adatper available
- Includes 6 x AA batteries
- 3.5mm sync I/O
- 5-pin DIN MIDI input
- Includes sync cable
- 6 parts
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.